Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it looks like it was lost. Sorry about that. :(

Based on the subject... backup the 2003 DB, uninstall 2003 and install BCM 2010 (the full file compatibility pack that support 2013) and restore the db.

Here is the post that got lost:

I’m running all of this under XP Pro SP3.

I am trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to Business Contact Manager ver. 2010.

I have gone to
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestorebcm.htm

and followed the instructions.

In BCM 2003, I went to Business Tools > Manage Database and ran Check for Errors 1st then ran Backup Database.

Then I transferred the backup file to the machine with BCM 2010.

In BCM 2010, I went to File-> Business Contact Manager-> BackUp and Restore.

Selected Restore , it told me I have to “migrate” from version 2.0.3606.0 to version 4.0.9812.0

Clicked “OK” and after a while I get the “Database Migration Unsuccessful” message.

The “How-To-Outlook” site doesn’t address this error.

Now what do I do?????????

As info, I believe using the Export / Import features destroys the “Creation Date” in the BCM records. By “Destroys” I mean it sets the Creation Date to the date of the Import.

Keeping the Creation Date intact is very important to me as it allows me to select records based on when they were added.

Oddly, Creation Date is not one of the fields that are preserved in one of the “backup” methods and I think it’s the Export / Import one.

Modification Date is preserved but it changes whenever you “touch” a record. For example, if you correct a typo or update an address the Modification Date is updated.

I'm thinking it's because you are 2 versions apart, but that is just a wild guess. I don't think i have a bcm 2003 db to test upgrading to disprove my theory. I wonder if copying the db over and mounting it would make a difference - BCM will still need to upgrade it. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook-bcm/restore-a-bcm-database/ I'm not sure at what point during the restore that the conversion is made.

See if anything here helps - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...ontact-manager-HP010262612.aspx#_Toc255228789

Yeah, the created date is likely set to the import date - that is a common problem with outlook. Backup and restore should retain it, if you can get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
U Recovered PST file "Cannot move item" error when trying to move e- Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I can't believe what I am seeing when trying to install Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 9
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Trying to customize the ribbon but can't figure this one out Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 2
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
C Trying to populate an appointment ComboBox from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
KURTiS MAXiMUS Trying to appactivate ERP window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
R Trying to extract information between two symbols from outlook subject Using Outlook 2
Danie Lawson Trying to recover calendar Using Outlook 4
L Trying to open contacts pst. file in outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
L Trying to check for the absence of mail. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M trying to disable junk email filter. completely. Using Outlook 4
D Trying to repair Outlook rules Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
A outlook trying to keep sending Using Outlook 1
P Trying to add subject and name to an email using VB Code Using Outlook 3
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
P Outlook works, but freezes when trying to use calender v2007 (vista prof) Using Outlook 1
K A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf... Using Outlook 1
P Trying to get 'Calendar Name' to appear like 'Subject' and 'Location' in event Using Outlook 0
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
K Wont send or recieve now with new server keeps asking for password when trying Using Outlook 1
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
P Word experienced and error trying to open the file Using Outlook 2
S Trying to install BCM 2010 x64, getting error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
D Outlook 2003 - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Trying to create a UPS from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Trying to start Outlook from VBA or VBS not working. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S how to disable security message in save attachments macro "A programis trying to access e-mail addre Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Error: 3033 when trying to OpenDatabase using DAO Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Error trying to connect to database on the server BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Trying to reconnect BCM databases in Outlook 2003 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Move Selected emails to Local Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4