Status
Not open for further replies.

mujahid

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
hai,

Please....can any body help me with the subject issue i'm facing..

i can open an email (saved in my documents/HDD) only ONCE.
if i d/click again i'm getting error massage to check for the folder Properties for permission.

upload_2014-4-7_9-5-0.png

Plus i'm not having the emails with the Ms Outlook standard icon... but
upload_2014-4-7_9-7-4.png

Can any body suggest how to solve this...

Much appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Mujahid.

That's an old problem that has come back, or you don't have all updates installed. I'd start with verifying all updates are installed (Use Microsoft Update to check.) If not, repair the office install then test it in both regular and Safe mode.

Many thanks for your reply. How ever i have to get this done through our IT support since it requires Administrator.

I see this is an old thread (I'm curious if it's closed...) but I'm having this problem now with .msg stored on my NAT drive. It just started happening and seems it may have started after the installation of Office updates on 6/11/2015 (there were a bunch of them) - so installing the latest updates isn't the solution...

Any ideas?

I found a thread that said try safe mode to disable all the Outlook add-ins (see below) and that took care of the issue. I then just disabled the one I knew was most recently installed and it was the culprit...

Can you repro this issue in Outlook Safe Mode?
Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe
(note the space in the command)

If it works now, your issue is most likely caused by an add-in.
Which add-ins do you have installed?

Disable them all and see if the issue still occurs. If not, you can enable them one-by-one to find the culprit. For details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88

Which add-in caused it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Open an outlook email by Subject on MS Access linked table with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
Hudas VBA find and open an email without looping thru each email in the inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K cant read email or open attachement Using Outlook 0
Jaegel Email Hyperlinks from one source won't open Using Outlook 4
T Automatically open link in email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 33
Diane Poremsky Open All Hyperlinks in a Email Message Using Outlook 0
Z Outlook 2007, clicking email addresses fails to open Contact Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA to open Excel attachment and send recipient's email address to a workbook cell? Using Outlook 4
judy1117 Defaul open to newest email in inbox Using Outlook 1
C From an email open a link but not the new window Using Outlook 1
Y (Shared Folder) Using the preview pane to open and close a fax, without opening the email itself Using Outlook 1
S Pre populate subject + body + attachment to already open email in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010: Change the font for the area at the top of an open email. Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2013 Doesn't Send email from Web Page Unless Outlook Is Open Using Outlook 2
mrje1 mailto links in browsers don't open up outlook email Using Outlook 2
P Permanently delete an open email??? Using Outlook 4
E Double clicking on from email address does no longer open corresponding contact in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
J Macro to open email (like double click) in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Addin to trap email item open Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Addin to trap email item open Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
chummy Open multiple Hyperlinks to download files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Rupert Dragwater How to get Outlook 365 to open from websites Using Outlook 5
S Leaving ActiveExplorer open for editing after Sub is done Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Commodore PDF attachments started to open in Edge Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
talla Can't open Outlook Item. Using Outlook 0
O Outlook on Android: after sharing / sending a news article, draft remains open. Why? Using Outlook 1
K Embedded photos no longer open with Photos or Photo Viewer Using Outlook 7
Witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
sahameed82 SharePoint calendar directly open in Outlook Using Outlook 0
N .pst archive from work will not open/import on Microsoft 365 Exchange Server Administration 0
C Outlook 2016/2019 hangs after being open for an extended period Using Outlook 4
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
W Automatically open attachments without automatically printing them Using Outlook 0
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
J How to open OST file in Outlook 2019 & 2016 Using Outlook 1
C Can't Open Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
D after delete mail, open the next one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M outlook won't open! Using Outlook 1
N Open & Save VBAProject.Otm using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1