Managing shared malibox with multiple users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentQ

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello there, hopefully someone is able to help me or point me in a right direction. I've done a large research and was not able to find an answer.
I'm quite proficient with excel and access vba, but never touched outlook.

I have a shared mail box with 8 users accessing it at the same time. The issue I'm facing is if 2 or more users move an email from the inbox to a different folder while open - it replicates the email and multiple users end up processing the same request. We have duplicate orders as a result.

Is it possible to create a module which will check if the certain email is opened (double-clicked to open new window) then give an error message to all the users who try to move it to a different folder and restrict the movement only to the user who has the email opened?

Many thanks,
Gleb.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You can't put a lock on it, but would setting a category be enough of a clue to the others not to touch it? That can be done using VBA. If opening a message guarantees the openee is going to move it, you could move it on open instead.

silentQ

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks, Diane.
Is there a way to assign a category to a whole thread unique to each user when he/she opens an email?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook 2013 has an annoying feature that does that if you set a category on the conversation. I forget if it works that way in 2010 (probably does) but I'm not sure if a macro can set the category on the conversation. I'll have to refresh my memory on how it works exactly and see if we can replicate it using code.

Status
Not open for further replies.