Status
Not open for further replies.

Subsurf

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello everybody,

I used to use Google Calendar, Google Calendar Sync and Outlook 2007 to sync my calendar between my PC and my Android devices. When I got my new PC which runs Windows 8.1 and Office Home & Business 2013, I had to create a Microsoft account with all its bells and whistles.
Because the Microsoft account includes the online calendar on outlook.com, I thought it was more straight forward to use that for syncing than taking the detour over the Google account. Google Calendar Sync is obsolete anyway. I searched the web for a tutorial and found the one on slipstick (http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olc-hotmail/sync-calendar-contacts-using-outlook-com/).

Connecting to my outlook.com account in Outlook 2013 worked without problem and syncing the calendar seems to work too.
When I create a new appointment on the outlook.com homepage, it also shows up in Outlook 2013 and in the Windows 8 calendar app. Creating a new appointment in Outlook 2013 also pushes it to the online calendar.

But copying my calendar items from my existing local calendar to the outlook.com calendar didn't work as desired. I opened the list view of my existing calendar, pressed Ctrl + A to select all items and then dragged the selected items to the outlook.com calendar folder whilst pressing Ctrl to copy the items instead of moving them.

Now the items show up locally in the outlook.com calendar, but they are not visible online. Also, the reminders have not been copied to the outlook.com calendar folder. All copied items have no reminder, though the original items all have one.
As soon as I change one of the copied items in the outlook.com calendar folder (for example adding the reminders to the copied items again), the changed item is being uploaded to outlook.com. Manually sending/receiving the calendar folder doesn't help either, changing an item seems to be the only way to force the upload.

What can be the cause of this problem? Is it because I copied the existing items instead of moving them? Do I have to edit all the copied items to force Outlook to upload them?

Problem solved: funnily enough, moving the calendar items instead of copying them solved the problem... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
J Accessing calendar items for Resource Mailboxes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Color Code New Calendar Items Using Outlook 2
K Other Shared Calendar on Outlook cannot change items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Jeanne Goodman Delete Calendar Item Bypassing Deleted Items folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Cannot open or save calendar items Using Outlook 0
K Deleted calendar and contact items not going to delete folder Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2013 Deleted calendar and contact items not going to delete folder Exchange Server Administration 1
D Calendar - color coded items are now the same color Using Outlook 2
D iTunes moved Outlook.com Calendar to Delted Items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A Group Inbox items together (urgent, calendar, normal) Using Outlook 1
A OL13 Calendar Search not finding most items Using Outlook 15
X When travel between time zones Calendar Daily Items a fixed times vs Meetings? Using Outlook 2
V Lost calendar view, items still in list view Using Outlook 2
J Changing the ownership of calendar items Using Outlook 3
C Forwarding Outlook 2003 calendar items Using Outlook 1
U Appointments items not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
M Auto-color all Calendar items based on condition: Private Using Outlook 6
T Calendar items disappear Using Outlook 3
T Cannot recover archived Calendar items Using Outlook 1
D Add color to calendar items automatically? Using Outlook 1
M How to set a rule for calendar items to go to a folder vs inbox? Using Outlook 1
J Cannot search items within shared calendar Using Outlook 0
B ConditionalFormat on <List> items in a Monthly Calendar Using Outlook 3
D RE: How to display more items per day in monthly calendar? Using Outlook 2
B Appointment Items in Public Folder calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V How to persist attributes of a calendar folder and its items? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1