Overlay by Calendar Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEGood

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Using Outlook 2010, I’m looking for a way to overlay calendars by group. In other words, I need to have all calendars in group A overlaid while having all calendars in group B overlaid seperately. Outlook 2010 allows any number of calendars to be overlaid, but once you overlay the calendars in a given group, any additional overlays go on top of that group, which is not helpful. I belive this functionality will require an add-in or other utility. Does such a thing exist or could a script be written to add this capability? Is this supported in Outlook 2013 or Office 365?

Thanks!
James

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Try adding this after the Next at the end of that macro for the second group:

Code:
With objModule.NavigationGroups

Set objGroup = .Item("group name")
    End With
    For i = 1 To objGroup.NavigationFolders.Count
        Set objNavFolder = objGroup.NavigationFolders.Item(i)
        Select Case i
        ' Enter the calendar index numbers you want to open
            Case 1, 3, 4
                objNavFolder.IsSelected = True

' Set to True to open side by side
                objNavFolder.IsSideBySide = False
            Case Else
                objNavFolder.IsSelected = False
        End Select
    Next

JEGood

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

JEGood

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Hi Diane,
This macro works fine and I added your additional code for the second group and it works as well, but it's not achiveing my goal of overlaying by group. I have 2 groups (A and B) with 3 calendars in each group and the macro overlays all 6 on top of each other in one combined overlay "stack". I need to have the 3 in group A overlayed seperately from the 3 in group B. Is this possible?

I am new to VB, but it seems the code would have to tell Outlook to begin a new overlay stack for group B once the group A stack is completed. Hope this makes sense.

Many Thanks!
James

JEGood

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
For what it's worth, I created two seperate macros, one for each calendar group, in hopes of creating two seperate overlay stacks, but no luck. Anybody know how to get Outlook (any version) to do this?

Thanks - James

Status
Not open for further replies.