Status
Not open for further replies.

Pietro Marcelo

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

I transfered my 2 gmail business accounts to outlook 2007, and everything was working perfectly until I received this message during the send-receive process: "fail to update headers.... server stopped the conection TCP/IP...protocol: IMAp, server: imap.gmail.com, port: 993"

I checked that the send-receive process always stops at 75% which is when I receive this message; and checking with the progress window, every task completes perfectly except the "sent mail", which never seems to complete to 100% before receiving the "update header" message.

I read many articles and so far I have completed the PST scan but still with no results, and have also started program in safe mode but the problem continues.

I would appreciate assistance. Thank you!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It could indicate a 'bad' message in the sent folder. Do all of the messages eventually sync down? If it seems stuck on one message, delete it or tag it with a new label and see if the folder syncs. The Sync issues folder might also contain some helpful information about the problem. Go to the Folder list (ctrl+6) to view the sync issues folder.

Pietro Marcelo

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Hello and thank you for your help.

I deleted the gmail folders that did not need sync such as "all mail" and "important mail" but still, each time I open Outlook the message "send/receive messages" appears and never seems to end. It stays at a percentage (sometimes 70, sometimes 88, and even at 99%) but I it never finishes synching.

The second problem that I´m encountering, probably due to the sync issue, is that the search engine doesn´t find what I need like with my normal gmail account, causing it to hang many times (the name of the error is "AppHangB1").

I didn´t mention that I have windows 7 and Outlook 2007. Both account setups are: Incoming server at port 993 and SSL encryption. The Outgoing server is at port 25 and the encryption is automatic. Should it be at port 587 and TLS encryption?.

Is there an outlook update or a configuration which could solve this issue? It´s becoming a bit frustrating trying to resolve this.

Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.