Conditional formatting - font sizes

DrMopp

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
This seems like a really basic issue so it's probably been answered many times - apologies in advance. When changing the font in a message list view to 8pt Arial in OL2013 the choices for the conditional formatting of unread messages are: smaller, normal, big and bigger. If I select 'normal' I would have expected the conditional font to be 8pt - but it shows 11pt, even though the font withing the message view itself is displayed correctly - anyone shed any light on what's going on?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
it sounds like it is hard coded to font size and not using the font size you selected as the baseline for normal. that qualifies as a bug to me - i'll check it out and report it, although i don't expect something as minor as this to change.

DrMopp

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Diane, the 'smaller,normal,big and bigger' always return 9pt.11pt 14pt and 16pt in the dialogue box regardless of the 'normal font size for the view, so as you say probably hard coded - but there does seem to be something else going on since when the view font is set to 11pt and the conditional formatting is set to 'normal' (which should also be 11pt if hard coded) the two sizes are clearly different (the conditional font is much smaller than the view font)

DrMopp

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have two exchange accounts setup in the OL2013 desktop client - they behave differently when defining custom views - one shows conditional font size options only as 'smaller, normal, big and bigger' whilst the other gives actual font size options i.e. 8,10,12,14 etc. Anyone explain what's going on here?