Calendar appointment, type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Ehrhart

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I use normal appointments quite a bit and want to keep them as they are. I also often create appointments on my calendar that are personal reminders to do something or check on something. I always use the same time for start and stop, mark private, change busy to free, and turn off the reminder. Is there a way to create an additional appointment type that I can utilize for these personal reminders?

you could create a custom form or use a macro to set the values - macro would be easier. add a button to the ribbon and click it when you want to create the personal reminder.

i thought i had a macro on my site that did this but cant find it right now. i'll look again when i get on my big computer.

This creates an appointment for 9 am "today "

Code:
Public Sub CreateOutlookAppt()
    Dim olAppt As Outlook.AppointmentItem
    Set olAppt = CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)

With olAppt

'Define calendar item properties
        .Start = Date + TimeValue("9:00:00")
        .End = Date + TimeValue("10:00:00")
        .Subject = "whatever"
        .Location = "office"
        .Body = "These are notes"
        .BusyStatus = olFree
        .ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 5
        .ReminderSet = True
        .Categories = "Personal"
        .display

End With

Set olAppt = Nothing
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Calendar - appointment templates and categories Using Outlook 1
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
R Recover Deleted Appointment in Calendar Using Outlook 0
D Record Appointment to Calendar on "Public Folder" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
A Get shared calendar name or id in custom appointment form Using Outlook 0
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Diane Poremsky Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar Using Outlook 0
J Outlook calendar...How to add an event or appointment without a border around it? Using Outlook 9
M Create an Appointment from XL Spreadsheet in a Shared Calendar. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Showing @live account in outlook 2013 calendar as private appointment Using Outlook 1
M Email notification on creation of an appointment shared calendar? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
anoble1 How to create an email with a link to add a calendar appointment Using Outlook 1
I how to create appointment using saved template onto public folder shared calendar Using Outlook 3
R Calendar Appointment Hour Range Using Outlook 1
R How to copy outlook 2010 shared calendar appointment or meeting to personal calendar by vba? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Reoccuring appointment issues when exporting Calendar to Excel Using Outlook 3
S Calendar deletes appointment after entry from both Outlook and Icloud calander Using Outlook 1
R OL2010 Calendar Appointment Highlighting Text issue Using Outlook 3
W ghost appointment in calendar.ics Using Outlook 2
D Selecting shared calendar for appointment/meeting templates Using Outlook 2
P Appearance (Width) of Calendar Appointment "Show as (Free/Busy/etc)" Indicator Using Outlook 1
B Outlook Calendar Appointment Problem Using Outlook 1
P Previous Appointment issue in Calendar Using Outlook 1
J Printing Private Appointment Detail on Calendar Printing Assistance Using Outlook 0
J Can't print appointment times on Monthly View Calendar? Using Outlook 4
J Can't print appointment times on Monthly View Calendar? Using Outlook 0
P Create appointment to custom (shared) outlook calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Get Dates of Recurring Events in Shared Appointment Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Appointment Items in Public Folder calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T How to copy an appointment from a public calendar to personal cale Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
H add an appointment for a custom calendar, vba excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Any 3rd party tool that sync (mirror) from Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar? Using Outlook 5
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5