Status
Not open for further replies.

Bart

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi all, I'm new on this forum, hope to find answer to the following:

I know that I can set a default signature for each account I'm using. Even different for new mail and replies/forwards.

A signature is always at the bottom of each mail right? It's like there's a section built in, in which the sig is placed. When I'm creating a new email message, switching the From field, even changes the signature (well, not always, don't know why).

So what if I want to use an entirely different layout if I switch the account I'm sending this new mail from, or reply to.

I program quite a lot in Excel and Access VBA, but I'm not familiar with the Outlook object model.
Is there some sort of ChangeSenderAccount event that triggers when I click the From button?
Then, is there a way to manipulate the layout (like top logo, background color, font, signature), in VBA?

Any help, or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Bart

Changing that address triggers the PropertyChange event twice, once for SendUsingAccount, once for SentOnBehalfOfName.

As to the layout, good luck. Look at the messages's HTMLBody property.

You can set the sender account using vba - it needs to be called before you open the new message tho.

You also can use a macro to set the signature as it opens - look for _MailAutoSig bookmark, delete it then pass the signature to HTMLBody.

Thank you both, I'll give it a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
O How to recover rules after switch from POP3 to IMAP Using Outlook 2
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Outlook 2016: /altvba startup switch does not work Using Outlook 2
J VBA to switch Outlook online/offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
George Simpson "Switch to HTML" in Outlook 2016 notes field Using Outlook 1
P How to switch back from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010: using /altvba switch Using Outlook 1
T How to determine when I switch from mail to calendar etc. Using Outlook 9
E Should I switch to IMAP? Using Outlook 0
wisedave Switch from POP3 over to IMAP Using Outlook 3
K Can Outlook be launched with the /cleanreminders switch multiple times? Using Outlook 2
W How to switch my list view back to normal view Using Outlook 1
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
M Switch Mail format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U Using /a switch to send multiple files? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 HELP to get Template Path in a Function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook Template - textbox visible based on combobox selection Using Outlook 1
M Replyall macro with template and auto insert receptens Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Outlook saved template function too limited Using Outlook 2
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Reply with a template loose the sender's embedded image Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Outlook template Using Outlook 1
Randy Redekopp How To Merge Contact Info to Email Custom Form Template Using Outlook 2
M Reply Inline With a Outlook Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Add Fillable Fields to Existing Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Macro sending outlook template from Excel list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D send email from Excel using outlook template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Using the Outlook Calendar Template Using Outlook 0
LarryS change day template as cpao does not see .catx files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A VBA to create meeting from template from a time slot selected in someone's calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Q Editing an outlook. Template file (Otk) Using Outlook 1
A How can I load a HTML template into the WordEditor? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
JorgeDario Template oft that contains VBScript Is not running Using Outlook 1
P Calendar template Using Outlook 2
M Update field codes when opening Outlook Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook template with environ varaibles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Creating or changing the main new mail message template in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Calendar Printing Assistant Hangs only on specific Template Using Outlook 2
G Message template / custom forms and VBA Help needed - inserting info into table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3