Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratish

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I am trying to pull text between two symbols:

S1 | STAR2449524 | XYZ Bank | 1 - Critical |Health Service Heartbeat Failure.

I need to extract

| XYZ Bank |

Which is between 2'nd appearance of symbol and place it in my template where variable name is COMP1 |

This is my code

S1 | ICM21449524 | XYZ Bank | P1 - Critical |Health Service Heartbeat Failure.

Sub Reply_Test()

Dim origEmail As MailItem

Dim replyEmail As MailItem

Dim oRespond As Outlook.MailItem

Dim INC1 As String 'For Incident Number

Dim INo As Integer 'For Incident Number

Dim COMP1 As String 'For Company Name

Dim Com As Integer 'For Company Name

Dim ISSU1 As String ' For Issue

Dim Isu As Integer 'for Issue

Dim varSplit As Variant

'Dim msginfo As msg.Subject (Tried using not worked)

varSplit = Split("New incident |S1 | ICM1449524 | XYZ Bank | P1 - Critical |Health Service Heartbeat Failure.", "|")

'varSplit = Split(msginfo, "|") (Tried using not worked)

strSubject1 = varSplit(0)
strSubject2 = varSplit(1)
strSubject3 = varSplit(2)
strSubject4 = varSplit(3)
strSubject5 = varSplit(4)

Set origEmail = Application.ActiveWindow.Selection.Item(1)

Set replyEmail = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("H:\Documents\CLOSED P1.oft")

replyEmail.To = origEmail.Reply.To

replyEmail.CC = "abc@xyz.com"

replyEmail.HTMLBody = replyEmail.HTMLBody & origEmail.Reply.HTMLBody

replyEmail.Subject = replyEmail.Subject & origEmail.Reply.Subject

replyEmail.Subject = " <P1> - " & strSubject2 & " " & "For" & " " & strSubject3

replyEmail.Display

End Sub

This is a working code. But I get emails frequently with a different subject line but pattern resembles. So whenever I get an email I need to forward with the unique subject (<S1> ICM# for XYZ Bank). So my concern is I need to assign a variable to my subject and splitting it using split function every time. Above code, I am not able to assign the variable to subject which will enable me to use the same code for every email.

so if the subject has icm#, it needs forwarded?
try using this IF ICM is always capped.
if instr(1,origEmail.subject,"ICM#") > 0 then

if it might be lowercase sometimes, use
if instr(1,lcase(origEmail.subject),"icm#") > 0 then

(if you fully automated this using a rule, the rule could check for the subject then trigger the macro. )

Thank you, Diane. My requirement is I get an email with a subject which has a pipe "|". So I need to split that into parts and respond to an email with the template attached to it. So My template will have ICM#, Company name, and issue. So when I split the subject into parts using the split function it will automatically assign parts with a sequence. So it would be easy for me to call the same on my subject by replacing some of the text on my default template using replace function. Hope this clears the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I can't believe what I am seeing when trying to install Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 9
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Trying to customize the ribbon but can't figure this one out Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 2
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
C Trying to populate an appointment ComboBox from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
KURTiS MAXiMUS Trying to appactivate ERP window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
Danie Lawson Trying to recover calendar Using Outlook 4
L Trying to open contacts pst. file in outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
L Trying to check for the absence of mail. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M trying to disable junk email filter. completely. Using Outlook 4
D Trying to repair Outlook rules Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
A outlook trying to keep sending Using Outlook 1
P Trying to add subject and name to an email using VB Code Using Outlook 3
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
P Outlook works, but freezes when trying to use calender v2007 (vista prof) Using Outlook 1
K A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf... Using Outlook 1
P Trying to get 'Calendar Name' to appear like 'Subject' and 'Location' in event Using Outlook 0
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
K Wont send or recieve now with new server keeps asking for password when trying Using Outlook 1
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
P Word experienced and error trying to open the file Using Outlook 2
S Trying to install BCM 2010 x64, getting error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
D Outlook 2003 - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Trying to create a UPS from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Trying to start Outlook from VBA or VBS not working. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S how to disable security message in save attachments macro "A programis trying to access e-mail addre Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Error: 3033 when trying to OpenDatabase using DAO Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Recovered PST file "Cannot move item" error when trying to move e- Using Outlook 6
D Error trying to connect to database on the server BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Trying to reconnect BCM databases in Outlook 2003 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Wishlist Extract or scan new email addresses from out of office replies. Leads from OOO replies Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T vba extract data from msg file as attachment file of mail message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
S Macro to extract and modify links from emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3