- Outlook version
- Outlook 365 64 bit
- Email Account
I recently download a trial of Quickfile 6, because even as an Outlook home user I thought I could really benefit from this program. Instead, after 2 days and about 4 emails to their support account, I just gave up and uninstalled the program. I'm wondering now if other people have encountered the same problems or have any comments on what I might have done wrong.
- Creating an appointment from email contents. Seemed to create appointment with time the email was received, not the future date and time of the actual appointment.
- Elimination of the Catergorize right-click menu item. - I have about 16 custom categories that I use to color-code messages, appointments, tasks. As soon as I installed Quickfile, that right-menu item disappeared. All my custom categories also disappeared, and Outlook reverted back to the standard Red Category, Green category, etc.
- Fortunately, when I uninstalled Quickfile the right-click menu item and the custom category list came back.
- I got this weird message about not enough free memory when I tried to run Quickfile. "Not enough free memory to run this program." My system is a Lenovo T560 with 16 GB of RAM and a 500 GB SSD system drive. I have never had problems with something like “free memory.”
- Inconsistent filing for copies of outgoing messages - For a lot of new sent messages, I want to file that message away. However Quickfile seems very inconsistent here. it seems like half the time a copy of the Outgoing message is properly filed. Other times that copy goes in the Sent Messages folder.