Option to Show Cancelled Appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoztInSpace

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I've always been surprised that Outlook does not consider a cancelled Appointment/Meeting something that should be persisted. I can see why many would not want all cancellations to clutter up their calendar, but there are many times I would like to show an event that was planned and then cancelled especially if there was a promise to reschedule that never followed through. To be clear this includes just Appointments where there are no other Attendees.

Outlook appears to have all the attributes to handle this...perhaps add "Cancelled" as a "Show As" option and when selected, the Title is crossed out, the Reminder is cleared and the colors are reversed.

Perhaps there are reasons for this omission?

As a work-around I created a "Cancelled" category with reversed color
ScreenHunter 190.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
T Customized form: The Forward option shows write layout Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D How to remove a folder, option grayed out Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
mrje1 Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, what is the Office 365 option etc., and Crashes Using Outlook 0
B Meeting Accept option greyed out Using Outlook 0
M Rule option Using Outlook 2
Justo Horrillo It's possible to modify the behaviour of the conversation option? Using Outlook 2
Emerogork How do I activate the "Send Again" option in Sent Mail folder? Using Outlook 1
K Excel Import Option: Need Help Updating Existing Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M My Contact folder isn't an address book option on colleague's Exchange Using Outlook 2
R Replies and Forwards Option Grayed Out Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Offers No "Accept" Option for .ics Files Using Outlook 5
C Related Messages Option Using Outlook 1
M Missing New Menu Option in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Field option selection resulting into multiple questions BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Option: Save to folder ? Using Outlook 4
mrje1 Opening a task the Insert Tab Option is not showing up and organizing Tasks Using Outlook 9
O Block sender option disappeared? Using Outlook 3
A How to disable bcc option in GAL - Address Book - Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 4
C How do I set up an option button in and Outlook form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Startup option Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2003 saving option button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How to inspect Outlook Option Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M "File As" option lost company name- Mass change? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
V Get selected option in recurrence range group Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Add an item to the "new" - option in outlook toolbar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 365 How to show all calendars at startup? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
J Names in sent items suddenly show as Bob Smith (bobsmith@sample.com) Using Outlook 3
S Visual indicator of a certain property or to show a macro toggle Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
C How to use VBA to show only items x days old or more Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
F Appointment Show All Fields Using Outlook 1
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
N How to disable shortcuts for Pilcrow in Outlook (Show or hide paragraph marks) Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F How to show assigned tasks under certain mailbox? Using Outlook 4
Witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
Witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 0
S Outlook.com birthdays show up 1 day late on iPhone contacts list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27