Record opened emails for reopening later

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexkarageorgis

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
there is an old discussion in the forum which is currently locked which posed a question about how to

Record opened emails for reopening later​

the link is Record opened emails for reopening later

while the issue is mostly obselete because you can open emails via outlook/restore function or via setting the new 2020 option of outlook to open based on closed emails it iseems the issue still occurs in certain crash situations. (i.e. the ost file crashes for some reason) and then you can find anything to re-open.

was there ever a solution to this case using Visual Basic? all i need a any type of flag/category of emails that are opened and never closed.

thanks

Alex

I'm not aware of any solution -- the vba would need to create a list of the messages as you opened or closed them.

The restore switch will do it if you use a version that doesn't have the option - but it has the same limitations and while it works most of the time, its not 100%.

Hi Diane, just the person. so that communciation string didint work out after all? i dont mind a list per se, the category would be great. yellow for open clean when closed. do you think that would work?

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Record opened emails for reopening later Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
B Track Record Activity Using Outlook 1
D Record Appointment to Calendar on "Public Folder" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
B Customize contact record phone fields Using Outlook 2
B Macro to record what time it is Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N linking an already sent/rec'd email to contact record like it did in 2000 Using Outlook 0
M convert/import a customized record into the default "Account" record BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P People/Contact Record gets deleted when I edit it? Using Outlook 3
S Editing an email with notes and saving it for record using Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U No scrolling in note field of contact record Using Outlook 1
R Can BCM monitor and select specific emails and use content info to update the client's record? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Predefined Outlook Fields not available to add into a BCM record BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J How to show the "value" of a user-defined Account field in a Contact Record BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J How to create fields that will use the same value on different record types BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A delete database --> record remnants ?? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
M BCM 2010 Link to Record (very) slow BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
L Importing multiple record from .vcf (vCard) file Using Outlook 5
P Hyperlink to Access record/Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Re: record of sales for each contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Is There An Easier Way to Access a Business Contact Record? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Programmatically duplicating BCM's "Link to Record" function BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Outlook record the step I take getting to the user template? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Record eMail details in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R One Click business contact record creation - From an E Mail? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Y How to record macros in Outlook2007? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
T Outlook365 search item listed as "potential matches" can't be opened Using Outlook 0
V Outlook macros no longer run until VB editor is opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2013 Script Assistance - Save Opened Link with Subject Added Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook (365) is crashing as soon as its opened Using Outlook 2
rino email campaign - tracking opened emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Paste content to Excel when .txt file (attachment) is opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky The custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. Using Outlook 0
I Identify Number of email messages opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Witzker Has Outlook 2010 to be opened for Indexing Win7 Using Outlook 1
M contact marked as completed in phone view but not when opened Using Outlook 2
V data files cannot be opened Using Outlook 4
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
F Outbox - Multiple Emails need to be manually opened? Using Outlook 5
A Contact address disappears when opened to edit Using Outlook 5
C New emails not appearing until Outlook is closed and re-opened Using Outlook 5
O Multiple simulteniously opened OWA 2010 accounts in one browser work fine ! Using Outlook 3
D Trigger macro to run when selected email is opened Using Outlook 3
M The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. Using Outlook 11
O closing outlook prompts to save all opened attachments Using Outlook 2
M Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook, OWA works fine Using Outlook 2
C outlook 2003 always not remove temp copy of opened attachments in temporary fo Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 contacts show old data when opened Using Outlook 1
T Error 'Database msdb cannot be opened' when backing up BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2