Mobile Contacts Corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokiibear

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Tonight, when attempting to send an SMS via Outlook, I pressed on the To button to select a contact from the Contacts (Mobile) address book. None appeared. I've been sending SMS messages for months without problem. But that adress book suddenly doesn't work.

It was genereated when I set up an SMS account, it automatically genenerated this address book from my exchange contacts...and continually represented the mobile numbers from new and exisitng

contacts in the exchange contact list.

This address book is still working on a different computer, accessing the same exchange account with the same SMS account...when I repeat the routine above, or simply open the address book and select Contacts (Mobile), all my contacts populate like normal. On this other machine however, when I select the contacts (Mobile) AB, the cursor thinks for a while, but nothing happens. No entries populate.

This happened once before several months ago, prior to formating my machine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Diane Poremsky had recommended:

It sounds like the Address book might be corrupt but the only way to fix it is with a new profile.

Before that, you could try re-downloading the address book. if that fails, try a new profile (don't delete the old profile - just make a new one to test it).

To which I responded:

I think you're correct, Diane. I tried a test profile, and sure enough, mobile contacts reappeared. I wonder why this happened in the first place.

Secondly, and more importantly, I have generally used the program "Office Settings Backup Wizard" to backup and restore profiles for office products, including Outlook. Unfortunately, I do not have a

recent profile backed up...so when I attemp to restore a current backup (which contains the broken mobile contacts), the restored profile is also broken.

My profile has three different accounts, including an exchange account, as well as multiple addins, saved tools to the quickbar, etc. Any way to get this profile restored or working again without having to set the whole thing up from scractch again? Thanks.

and

Ah....I thoughtI found the solution. I deleted my exchange account, then used the backup program. Restored everything but my exchang account, and then added my exchange account manually. That didn't work.

Why would my exchange account go bad like this?

Since then, I have tried created new profiles without being able to get the mobile contacts working at all. Any ideas out there?

Thanks

A couple of days ago, my email contacts have also become corrupted. I've tried creating new profiles and setting up my exchange account anew, but nothing seems to be working. My exchange account works just fine on a second computer.

Any ideas? Please help!

Thanks.

They don't work when you click the To button? That often means the address book is corrupt, not the contacts themselves (although importing contacts can corrupt them).

If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings:

Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is the box to enable as email address book is checked?

If this is grayed out in Outlook 2007 or 2010, you'll need to make a new profile as you can't add the Outlook Address Book service.

Screenshots and more details are at missing contacts

Diane....so bummed I missed you email. I thought I was subscribed to this post.

Thanks for your response. I have created mulitiple new profiles trying to make this work, all to no avail. Any idea why my new profiles are not working either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
GregS Sync contacts Outlook.com to "MS People" mobile Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 Mobile Contacts Using Outlook 1
K Outlook adds space to rows in HTML email signatures viewed on mobile Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
M Mobile notifications and sync in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
G Outlook 2016: reply icon not showing when replied from mobile Using Outlook 3
A windows mobile 10 calendar not syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Mail on both laptop and mobile at same time Using Outlook 2
P I'm getting an error when opening Outlook "Mobile me stopped working Using Outlook 1
S Need solution to Outlook mail handling/syncing/mobile situation, please Using Outlook 2
G How to make outlook show as unread messages I read in my mobile ph or tablet Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 removes + from mobile numbers Using Outlook 3
1 mobile OS or apps for sync of all OWA/exchange PIM functions Exchange Server Administration 3
E windows mobile 6.1 et outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Synching Outlook 2010 with Windows Mobile 6.1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Outlook Mobile Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B RE: Outlook 2007 - SMS Link (mobile text) crashing outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Windows Mobile Device Center freezes up! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook or Phone Combining Contacts? Using Outlook 0
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
K Font Sizing in Custom Form Regions for Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook - hidden contacts? Using Outlook 2
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
L Favorites for People/Contacts? Using Outlook 1
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
B oContacts.Items.Restrict Misses Some Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F Moving Contacts to New Profile Using Outlook 0