Having Calander send E-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to do some things to make the office run more smoothly. I always get the lackey jobs and well, I'm just twiddling my thumbs for the most part with google and I thought I could look for some help here.

What I want is to be able to place dates on the calander and when that date/time comes send out e-mails to everyone. Mostly reminders and what not. Even better if there was a way to automatically create those when setting a schedule using macros or something else. I'm comfortable with computers but I don't know if this is even possible and the general searching hasn't turned up anything. If there is a way I'd appreciate it. Thank you very much everyone!

We have a code sample at Send an email when Outlook reminders fire | Slipstick Systems that will send an email when a reminder fires - that will be a good base to start with.

The hard part would be to make it send a different person an email each time, but you could use the Contact linking field in a task or appointment and grab the address from that field. It would be something like objMsg.To = .Contacts Use the appt body to be the message body (objMsg.body = .body)

I promised myself I would not play with macros this week, but I might just break my promise. <g>

Well, that was easy (and fun!) - I have updated code at Send an email when Outlook reminders fire | Slipstick Systems that sends a message to the email address in the location field if the appointment is in the category "send message".

I couldn't get it to work with the linked contact field in Outlook 2010 - but you won't be using a real location if you are using the appointment to trigger an email.

Thank you so much! And I think I could fiddle with telling it to input one of the field's as the address to e-mail it to. Though luckily turns out I'll just be batch e-mailing all of them to everyone it's relevant to. And since this is just for reminders to contact clients it will be the same people every time. Now what I need to get it to be able to do, is automatically pop up the reminders the start of business the day before and the day of client meetings then, then It'd be stellar.

Edit: Clearly you thought of that before I got a chance to. I'm glad to know that works!

P.S. Thank you so much for being so very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is anyone else having problem conneccting to gmail? Using Outlook 27
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0
dbjdbj Is it only me having a fun time with Outlook.com "beta" ? Using Outlook 3
O Importing Mbox - anyone out there having experience with this tool... Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2019 having issues with 'people search' and not making suggestions in email To: etc Using Outlook 12
M I'm Having problems Moving Contacts to a New List Using Outlook 8
O Having rules run on old mails noved to inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
V Problem not having Contacts folder after importing emails from Yahoo. Using Outlook 0
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
J outlook having sort by date or from unable to display sender name. Using Outlook 2
B Having Recent Issues with Hotmail Connector? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 17
O Exchange 2003 displaying HTML emails as having attachments Exchange Server Administration 7
T Get rid of having to type verification characters to send mail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M having trouble importing excel data into outlook contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Contact Manager Unable to Initialize...after having tested Office BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Work Email - Calander Connection to Outlook.com Using Outlook 2
S Requried a VBA Code to export Calander details to excel... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Calander archiving problems Using Outlook 4
S Calendar deletes appointment after entry from both Outlook and Icloud calander Using Outlook 1
M Printing Calander Using Outlook 2
F Public calander double booking Using Outlook 1
J Outlook VBA to send from Non-default Account & Data Files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Synchronization and taking forever to send Using Outlook 2
D Send on behalf of does not store the base mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 recipient no longer shows in 'Send To' Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
Geldner Send / Receive a particular group via macro or single keypress Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L How to avoid issues with "Send on Behalf" Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1