Hyperlinks Will Not Display Web Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learn2010

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
I'm new. I haven't been able to find the answer yet to this problem. When I click on a hyperlink in Outlook 2010, it does one of two things.

1. If IE8 is open, the hyperlink opens.

2. If IE8 is not open, I get the message that this webpage will not display and the button to diagnose problems.

I have tried the Fix It tool, sfc/scannow, and reinstalling IE8.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thank you.

I want to also add that when I click the hyperlink, the link does open. However, it has the cannot display message and the diagnose button. I can copy and paste the link into another window and it will open.

No. I have done all that. I even reloaded IE8. I have a different error. The browser opens with the correct URL. This message is on the screen:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Below that is the button with the text "Diagnose Connection Problems."

Again, let me go over the details.
1. If IE8 is open, the link opens.
2. If IE8 is not open, I get the error above.

Thank you.

The solution on that page might fix your problem... unless it's the same thing I see occasionally, which i pass off as IE being goofy. It happens not just with urls i click in Outlook, but also when i right click on a link in IE and choose Open in New Tab (or in new window). The page doesn't load... i refresh the page and it loads fine. I'm never quite sure where the problem lies - with the network, the browser, or windows. It is more frequent some days and I can go weeks without it happening.

After searching the internet and getting input from you guys, I think the problem is just a bad install of Office Professional. This all started about a week ago when I was given a new computer. Before this post I had the installers technical personnel address the issue. They tried to fix it but couldn't. That is when I posted. I appreciate your time and input and at this tiem iw ill just let it rest. If I can't live with it, I will have them reinstall Office Pro.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Print email and, attachments sent in hyperlinks in the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
GregS Hyperlinks inactive Using Outlook 4
C Hyperlinks not working in Outlook Using Outlook 2
U Using VBA to creat hyperlinks in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Insert Hyperlinks for attachments in Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Outlook Images showing as hyperlinks Using Outlook 3
Jaegel Email Hyperlinks from one source won't open Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Open All Hyperlinks in a Email Message Using Outlook 0
Sarge USMC how do I enable hyperlinks in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
B Right click-drag no longer creates hyperlinks Using Outlook 2
RookieOne Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
G Outlook mailmerge images and images hyperlinks Using Outlook 1
J Hyperlinks to batch files with parameters Using Outlook 3
L Create hyperlinks to bookmarks in Outlook 2003 otf file Using Outlook 1
O Hyperlinks from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
O Macro for creating hyperlinks in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
N Unable to Open Hyperlinks in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
P outlook 2007 - custom buttoms with hyperlinks to oft files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Creating hyperlinks Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Hyperlinks is becoming non-clickable in RTFBody format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
Witzker Outlook 2019 Display the output of a seach in a new Window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Albert McCann Outlook 2021 Outlook Display of HTML Email from two senders is glitchy Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
J images on note field display fraction of size Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
O After filtering, how to display all events on that day? Using Outlook 4
M All fonts in Outlook emails display with exaggerated character spacing Using Outlook 4
G Schedule recurring email and attachments display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O Tasks - how to display "snoozed" tasks and snooze-times? Using Outlook 7
P Task display now leaves little room for notes Using Outlook 10
R Capture Sender's Display name and Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
A Prepending Email Addrs with "Display Name <email>" Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
N Contact display as Using Outlook 2
J Reminders Display then Disappear Using Outlook 13
O How to display senders email address (column) Using Outlook 1
S Display PF contact folder items to select contact to link to appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
O How to display number of items per .pst file Using Outlook 7