Status
Not open for further replies.

wallisellener

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello

I'm trying to import contacts from a .csv file.

After following the import steps and selecting the .csv file (with the option not to import duplicate entries) I have to perform the mapping.

The problem is that the columns are not separated. In the "Import Field" instead of having several single entries I have one concatenated field: Company;FirstName;LastName;Location and so on.

A possible mapping would be: location -> Company;FirstName;LastName;Location ...

The desired mapping would be (single mapping for each column):
Company -> Company

FirstName -> FirstName.

I assume the .csv file must be changed so that the fields are correctly read before proceeding with the mapping and the import.

Are there any guides on how to properly format the .csv file for import?

Cheers

W

After several attempts I managed to import contacts from an .csv file.

Unfortunately all the information is mixed up and the contacts appear with the name "no entry" and all the imported information was assigned to the address field.

All the details like name, phone number, location and so on appear in the address field.

Not sure why this is happening since prior to the import I performed a proper mapping.

Is there any way to import without mixing all the infos?

Is there any way to search and select multiple users using a nonstandard field?

For example if I open the user details I have additional fields like "key word" or another field filled with text.

These fields are only visible if I open the user details and don't appear on the general info display.

Is there any special way to index this info and to make it searchable?

According to the above mentioned guide it is possible to create custom reports.

I tried to create various custom reports in order to test this functionality: f.e. a report containing only three columns - the business contact name, email and phone number.

Now I'm trying to export this report to an excel file. The export process it's working but I'm wondering if it's possbile to further customize the exported data.

The excel file containing the export will display the same data like in the report but will also have all other information columns like location, postal code and so on (all info stored in BCM) .

The additional columns will be hidden but it would be nice to have only the three selected columns (the info that I initially selected like in my test report) and no additional hidden columns.

Is this possible ? If yes how?

Thank you but I was hoping for a more "user friendly" solution.

Unfortunately my VBA skills are not my strong point and just executing the VBA script in Excel 2013 is a big challenge.

Additionally the export should be performed after a report is executed in BCM. In the first phase we want to create a new report in order to search contacts using different criterias and in the second phase to export the results.

Any other options left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Importing Opportunities in to BCM 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
D BCM 2013 not functioning as BCM 2010 Example no drop down for communications history Using Outlook 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J BCM 2013 displays wrong form for account and business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Latest updates kill BCM 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Eduardo Macias BCM 2013 with SQL Express 2014 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
A Upgrade BCM System from 2010 to 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Forum Admin BCM Update for Outlook 2010/2013 - Nov 2014 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 14
JimR Outlook 2013 BCM not working BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
JimR BCM 2010 or 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
P BCM 2013 Contacts Form Drop Down Box Bug BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Basic BCM question about sync to Outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
SirFishAlot Send atachment with mass email using BCM, and Publisher 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Migration from BCM 2010 to 2013 is messing up the label fields BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
J BCM 2013 in Outlook 2013 will not load BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
B Outlook 2013 & BCM Issue Using Outlook 2
D 2013 BCM Won't Install BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B bcm and "Office 365 Home Premium" 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
O Will BCM work with any Office 2013? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S BCM stops Outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
K bcm not showing in outlook 2013 navigation pane BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
G "database is not compatible with BCM for Outlook 2013" & more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
N How to install BCM for Outlook 2013 in Office 365 Small Business Premium BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Queries on Business Contact Manager (BCM) with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
O BCM 2013 Training Sources BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P BCM 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2), attachment issue n database size BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
V BCM Use with Outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 42
wallisellener Server configuration for BCM 2013 shared database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 15
A Bcm 2013? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 13
T Outlook 2010 BCM Migration to Standard Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P BCM conditional formatting BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J No access to a Database BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J Marketing task MS BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
S BCM Compulsory field, New opportunity Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A BCM does not work anymore! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S BCM Auto Backup Data and Customizations BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
S BCM Project Task Order BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Lost access to remote BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
J Problems connecting to BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
T BCM 2010 randmoly going offline BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M At last a BCM alternative... Outlook Customer Mngr 365! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S BCM view customization BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3