Cannot delete shared contact or calandar from views

Status
Not open for further replies.

drubin007

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Forgive me if this has come up before. I have been searching around but have not had any luck.

Exchange 2010, clients are on Outlook 2010.

1 user I have can view his contacts but also has a second option for a former employees contacts. The former employee has not worked for the company in years, and the option to delete this users contact option is greyed out. This is something on the profile, I confirm this by granting myself access to this users exchange account and opening from a different workstation. Further verified when opening in the ECP.

Downloaded Outlook Tools (2.3) and tried every relevant command from within there, (reset views, etc) and ran the command line switches (outlook.exe /cleanprofile, etc). Cannot remove this other users tab from within the contacts.

Unrelated, but a second issue, same thing with calendars. He can view a calendar for another user and if you try to right click to delete it, it is grayed out again.

To help show more clearly the issue I have attached a few screen captures from the profile.

Attachments

• porras-outlook-calendar.jpg
    porras-outlook-calendar.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 650
  • porras-outlook-contacts.jpg
    porras-outlook-contacts.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 658
Update: Finally found the fix to this....http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ook-2010/3940e853-0527-442e-9277-9c82eb3c1039

mad thanks go to Diane Poremsky and her documentation... Using the software MFCMAPIx86, I was able to navigate In a GUI) the calendar and contacts and find the erronous entries... From there a simple right click (and hard delete) and they are gone...

I spent the last 2 days searching for an answer on this one... Hopefully the above link and this software can help anyone else in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Cannot Delete a contact in Outlook Shared Contact List Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 cannot delete, email showing in root Exchange Server Administration 5
M Cannot Delete Emails from IMAP inbox Using Outlook 4
M Cannot delete spurious folder Using Outlook 7
O Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Cannot delete folder with subfolders. Using Outlook 4
G Distribution Group Owners Cannot Add/Delete Members Using Outlook 1
W Cannot delete Outlook 2010 data file Using Outlook 1
D Cannot Delete Individual Email - Greyed Out Using Outlook 12
C User defined field not found in any views prints. Cannot locate to delete. Using Outlook 2
T Cannot delete single email in INBOX, delete grayed out Using Outlook 7
M Attempting to delete Exchange account in Office 2010 gives "primary account cannot be deleted" Using Outlook 8
P Cannot understand how to use Favorites Using Outlook 4
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L I Cannot Sign Into My Outlook Account? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
CWM550 This rule has a condition that the server cannot process? Using Outlook 1
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
O The linked image cannot be displayed Using Outlook 2
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Cannot edit Calendar entries in OL 2010. Using Outlook 1
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
D cannot view emails in View pane (in the right pane), I only see one line or nothing Using Outlook 21
M Cannot read the calendar Using Outlook 9
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 7
D Outlook 2016 Outlook Error Msg "The operation cannot be performed ..." How to Stop it Using Outlook 4
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3