Calendar Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
In the past you gave me this great macro that creates a e-mail to the contact I run it from based on a e-mail template. So is there a macro that using a contact again, will create an appointment with that contact not to the Outlook default calendar, but to a calendar that is a sub-folder of the default calendar from Outlook. Here is the macro just in case it would be easy to simply adjust this one. Thanks much and look forward to hearing back re this the other post. Public Sub MacroName

Set oContact = GetCurrentItem()

Dim objMsg As MailItem

' Blank message

' Set objMsg = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem)

' Use a template

Set objMsg = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\TemplateName.oft")
objMsg.To = oContact.Email1Address
'displays the message form so you can enter more text
objMsg.Display
'use this to send to outbox
'objMsg.Send
Set objMsg = Nothing

End Sub

So please tell me the full macro that I use and as to what you wrote, what words do I change re the name of the subfolder calendar I created.....thanks very very much.

Can you give me the full macro that I use and as to what you wrote, what words do I change re the name of the subfolder calendar I created....before you take your vacation??

I'll try to make time to do it before vacation and my business trip, but I'm not sure if i will - i have a lot of stuff to catch up on.

Thanks much. It's just the macro that when I open or identify a contact, run the macro and it creates a calendar event to my subofolder calendar the name of which is "Office Calendar" and it adds to the Subject line of the calendar event the full name of the contact and if possible, puts the contact link at the bottom.

Thanks again so much!

I came with the following code that is put in the ThisOutlookSession areas of the VBA.....is then is a marco, I created a shortcut to it in the contact form, and when I click on it in the contact form, it opens it up as an appointment in the subfolder calendar I use called "Office Calendar" . This comes from createing a new appointment in the calendar I want to use, and then published it with the name "Office Calendar Event".

So is there someting to add so that from the contact I click on it, it automatically puts in the link to the contact at link contact area at the bottom of the appointment.

Sub Office_Calendar_Event()
Set myFolder = Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders("Office Calendar")
Set myItem = myFolder.Items.Add("IPM.Appointment.Office Calendar Event")
myItem.Display

End Sub

That would be the links collection. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff868983(v=office.14).aspx has info on it.

you'd need just this part i think, since you are getting the name from the contact. You'll need to pick the contact like you do in the email macro.

myitem.Links.Add oContact.fullname

something like this should work -

Set myFolder = Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders ("Office Calendar")
myitem.Links.Add oContact.fullname
myItem.Display
End Sub

Thanks very much....but it did not add the link of the contact to the contact folder at the bottom of the appointment....'

Any other thoughts please?

Any error message? I can't test it because Links collection is only supported in 2010 and older and I don't have the older versions handy right now.

I just used your code again....and made sure it was what you gave me: here is it is, and the error is "Ambiguous name detected: GetCurrrentItem

Here is the code and there anything to try to fix please:

Set myFolder = Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders("Office Calendar")

myItem.Links.Add oContact.FullName
myItem.Display
End Sub

Do you have the GetCurrentItem function? Does you have more than one copy of it? You only need each function in once- all of the macros that need it can share it.

Thanks. Where do i figure out if there is a GetCurrentItem function?

And if so, do i just take it out of this code please?

Press Ctrl+F to open the Find dialog. Select the option to search the project, then search for GetCurrentItem - you need 1 function. If you remove it from this macro, you'll need to tweak the code to work for either open items or selected items, but not both.

work-with-open-item-or-select-item

GetCurrentItem is in other macros......that link you mentioned gives the opportunity to use the macro with both open or selected items, so if that's the case, what specifically do I change the code you updated for me which is fhe following and if you can, please type the specifices that I simple copy and paste to the code or as the code, as i don't have the background of just understanding a concept.

Thanks as usual!!!

Set myFolder = Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders ("Office Calendar")

myItem.Links.Add oContact.FullName
myItem.Display
End Sub

And if it can only be either from opening the contact or selecting the contact, I would the changes to the code so it works when i do it from opening the contact.

So just need the full code to paste. Thanks much!!

You only need 1 getcurrentitem function in the entire project files. The easiest fix is to delete all but one instance of it. I usually create 1 module named Functions and put all of the functions in it. Any macro that needs one of the functions can use them.

You won't get it tonight :) I'm on vacation and just trying to get a few things answered tonight since my helpers aren't very good helpers. I'd fire them, but that's hard to do since I'm not paying them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.