Status
Not open for further replies.

1afc

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi

I hope this is the correct forum but please direct me if not.

I have decided to wean myself away from Google and gmail etc and decided that the new look outlook.com looked like a good alternative. (How things change because it wasn't long ago that MS was the 800lb gorilla).

Anyway all went well and I imported three accounts and set up another account in outlook.com.

At this point I'll make the distinction that I'm talking about the new Hotmail service and not Exchange server. I'm referring to the free web based email service.

Anyway importing went well and the new look is quite intuitive.

My only problem is that many emails in my Sent folder have the current date on them when I know they are months old.

I have read some solutions regarding system clocks etc but mine seems to check ok.

There are also notes to corrupt pst files but I'm talking about the cloud based service which doesn't have these as far as I know.

Does anyone have any ideas for me please?

Thanks

Alan

How did you move the mail into the outlook.com folders? I don't think you can adjust it once its in the mailbox, but you may be able ot upload it using a different method and avoid the problem. Also ,make sure you are using the Sent date field, not modified date.

Hi Diane

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have been reviewing the items that come up with the time only (seemingly indicating todays date) and in one instance I find twenty two copies of the same email appearing with the time only.

It also gets curiouser and curiouser as some of the datestamps are later than the current time.

Not only am I getting many copies of the same email with today's date I am also getting many copies with yesterdays date.

Also when I delete these strings of emails I only find one copy in the Deleted items file. Very curious.

If it were a local program I'd delete and reinstall but it's in the cloud so I don't know what to do.

sounds more like corruption. Are you looking at these messages in Outlook on the desktop or in Outlook.com in a browser?

Hi Diane

I am using the free cloud services (old Hotmail) from a browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N To Do bar showing incorrect due dates on tasks Using Outlook 4
HappyDaddy007 "Size" on field chooser/column displaying incorrect value Using Outlook 3
mjkl Outlook's incorrect "from" account Using Outlook 3
V incorrect html signature printed Using Outlook 2
S Reply & Forward Date in original message incorrect Using Outlook 2
S Auto Complete incorrect after changing an email address Using Outlook 3
J Update Outllook 2010 to Outlook 2013 - Incorrect Forms Using Outlook 2
R Meeting organizer incorrect Using Outlook 3
U Address Book Issue - Old or incorrect address shows up on some user names Using Outlook 2
A Messages sent from Outlook 2010 display incorrect 'sent to' name in Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
B CurrentView.XML provides incorrect XML Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook Web App - calendar week number is incorrect Exchange Server Administration 6
J Outlook 2007 items.count incorrect Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Contact Database Incorrect for Laptop Users BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
V Why is "Value Required" checkbox greyed out for Dates? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
I Help with dates in task list. Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook for G Suite emails showing wrong dates Using Outlook 4
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Extract Flag Completed dates to Excel Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
O Outlook 2016 follow-up flags--how can I add dates? Using Outlook 1
L Entering dates in Contacts and Calendar Using Outlook 4
O highlighted dates in Yearly View for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Extract Dates for Appointment Item in Body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C Many Expiration Dates in Custom Form Using Outlook 1
O automate dates in outlook template Using Outlook 1
R adding anniversary dates in outlook Using Outlook 2
B Birthday dates automatically (and improperly) placed in Birthday Details Using Outlook 2
D Task Start and Due Dates Using Outlook 3
T Conditional dates in Outlook Calendar Exchange Server Administration 1
C Dates changes to 1899 when Tab key hit in Time... Using Outlook 3
C dates missing when importing emails Using Outlook 5
S Inserting Dates With Quick Parts (or Macros) Using Outlook 4
K Recurring Tasks on specific dates, not pattern Using Outlook 0
S Reminders and Due Dates in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 6
D Sending Multiple Meeting Dates in One Meeting Request Using Outlook 4
A Is there a calender preference for Julian Dates in outlook? Using Outlook 4
T comparing and subtracting sent and received dates Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D offline fatabase on laptop not remembering TASKS dates BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Get Dates of Recurring Events in Shared Appointment Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
S Sent e-mails roll back to previous draft state Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
icacream Outlook 2021 Win 10 - Nothing goes in my Drafts or Sent items folders ! Using Outlook 1
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2