Status
Not open for further replies.

birchr

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Folks ...

I receive email regularly from a place called reverb.com. I can click the Outlook 2013/64bit security banner to download the 'privacy protection' pictures contained in the email without issue.

BUT ... because emails for reverb.com are sent from a mail service which has changing @ server names, I cannot add the sender to the 'safe senders' list; or more precisely, I can add it but it doesn't matter since the first two parts of the FROM email address change and are rarely constant ... e.g.,
reverb.com@mail68.atl51.rsgsv.net
reverb.com@mail182.atl81.rsgsv.net
reverb.com@mail192.atl81.rsgsv.net
reverb.com@mail181.atl81.rsgsv.net
reverb.com@mail202.atl21.rsgsv.net
reverb.com@mail187.atl21.rsgsv.net

Adding just the rsgsv.net part in the Safe Senders listing does nothing.

Is there any way to specify a root of an address such as those above so that pictures are always downloaded from this domain?

No, you can't do that. The other option is a rules script that creates a contact (assuming you trust contacts) - of course the problem with that is that you end up with a crapload of contacts you'll never send to.

You could put them in a separate contacts folder so they don't pollute your contacts folder - i think the option checks all contacts folders (possibly all that are enabled as address books). If you have mail from these addresses already, you could create a list of the addresses in excel (i have methods to grab the email addresses), remove duplicates and import to seed the contacts. It's still not a good solution - and honestly, I'd probably just right click on down load each time.

Possibly...

Tools
Rules and Alerts
New Rule
Move messages from someone to a folder
Next
Check 'with specific words in the sender's address'
Step 2, click 'specific words'
Type in 'rsgsv.net'
Ok
Step 2, click 'specified'
Pick the folder you want the emails to go to
etc

Will that allow you to download the pictures without adding the address to the safe list? It would be cool if you could designate a folder to always download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P How to get a QR code for automatic signin with Outlook for iOS Using Outlook 5
U Rolling Back Office broke automatic updates Using Outlook 4
P Automatic Greeting "Hello Name," when Reply All is clicked Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 - Automatic purge fail Using Outlook 0
A Automatic forwarding to different people on a rotational basis Using Outlook 2
B resend if no reply and send an automatic reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Removing Recipients from an automatic response Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Automatic color category according to variable domains Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N automatic response with an attachment based on the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E How to send automatic emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
N VBA Script to Send Automatic Emails from Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Desktop - Automatic Rule Processing Using Outlook 3
P Threat to being a spammer while sending automatic Emails through VBA Using Outlook 3
reza Macro to automatic reply using orignal mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
J why won't the automatic send/receive work Using Outlook 7
S rule, automatic replies, restricting them to within the company Using Outlook 1
I Automatic reply to an email Using Outlook 0
P Daily Automatic Reply Using Outlook 1
P Automatic reply on incoming messages in outlook using VBA(only Specifi person) Using Outlook 14
R automatic signature Using Outlook 0
B Looking for an add-in or a way to send automatic replies based off a list Using Outlook 2
H Automatic excel data added to Certain Emails that are received Using Outlook 3
M Automatic Bcc Using Outlook 2
C starting Outlook 2003 sp3 sets Junk Email setting to 'No automatic filtering' Using Outlook 3
K automatic cleanup folder Using Outlook 3
B How to automatic save Sending or replying contacts e-mails into contacts? Using Outlook 0
J Form design - how do I insert an automatic date/time field? Using Outlook 2
C Text reply mail in Outlook 2010 has automatic margin indent Using Outlook 9
P Automatic personalized reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Stop automatic opening BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P propagate automatic formatting to other Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Re: Propogate Automatic Formatting to Other Folder in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Sending automatic email from Access using Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Code to import address book in automatic mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 is cutting Picture Extension *.pn_ Using Outlook 3
E What does mean this icon at the picture attached? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010: Missing tab - "Format/Picture Tools" HELP! Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Displaying a Picture on a Contact Using Outlook 0
oliv- Reduce the size of picture attachments: programmatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Picture/Image/Attachment Resizing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Issues with accessing Outlook Contact Picture with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
iwshim mail merge and add the contact picture outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
Paul Van Cotthem Outlook 2013 contact picture only visible in "People" view Using Outlook 4
R Embbedet Firmlogo als Attachment and Picture Using Outlook 1
P Outlook can not display picture inline. Using Outlook 7
P OL2010 - custom form contact picture Using Outlook 0
L How to inbed picture in new outgoing messae Using Outlook 2
T Word attached files open Word. Excel files open Picture Manager!! Using Outlook 2