Is there any way of sorting the task list in CALENDAR view?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi all,

I have the frustrating problem that I would like to
  • See more columns (e.g. task priority) in the task section of calendar view (in e.g. weekly view mode)
  • I would like to be able to sort the tasks in that list (e.g. by priority). Currently you can drag and drop to sort the order, but that's not much use if you can't see the priority of the task!
Just so you are sure of what view I am talking about here is a picture:

10.07.2014-15.22.17.png

Anyone know how to do this? I am beginning to think it's not possible. That would be a real shame...

Thanks,
Phil

It's not possible, sorry. The only options available in Outlook now are on the right click menu when you right click on the Show tasks on: row, which is show by start or due date and show (or not show) completed tasks. (I think older versions had more options in the task list.)

You can dock the task peek (aka, to-do bar) and customize the view - Right click on Arrange By and choose View settings. The default width for company view is 125 - change it to 50 and you can flip back and forth between fields, like in the screenshot, and the "friendly" default view by sliding the vertical bar between it and the calendar.

task-peek.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1412689642][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, thanks for the idea for an article. :)

Hi,

Although it's a shame that you can't do that, your workaround is fairly good!! You can configure the sidebar and then drag and drop items from there to either daily tasks under each day or as actual meetings. Sort of revolutionising how I handle tasks now!!

Thanks,
Phil

Hmmm I can't edit a previous post??

I wanted to add a screenshot of what it now looks like...:

10.15.2014-14.53.51.png

So I can switch on and off the sidebar which (sort of) repeats the info below, but has the added advantage that tasks with no date are visible at the top. I can then decide at the beginning of the week which tasks to assign to which day (or perhaps to "next week"). Although the sorting by priority is not automatic, it's not difficult to drag the tasks into the right order so at last I have a way of taking control of assigned and not-assigned tasks. Beautiful!

The icing on the cake would be if I could see the priorities under each day. Also if Microsoft could link back from a calendar event to the task that would be AWESOME. Does MS actually read these pages?? :)

You should be able to edit posts for either 10 minutes or 30 minutes. I'll check the settings and make sure they are correct.

No, they don't general read these pages but I make feature suggestions based on comments here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Sorting Task List so tasks with no due date end up at the bottom Using Outlook 4
Q Sorting tasks by calculated field - automatically update task-fiel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
S Outlook 2016 Arrange tasks by date, additional custom sorting, but still use friendly terms like Today, Tomorrow, This week? Using Outlook 1
M Sorting by Day in Date Column Advanced Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E Mail sorting view issue Using Outlook 1
M Sorting messages by read/unread status Using Outlook 8
B How do I REALLY disable Outlook Junk E-mail sorting in OL2010 and/or 2013? Using Outlook 1
D Question re: Grouping by Due Date vs. Sorting by Due Date Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Sorting and grouping on 2 date fields Using Outlook 1
M Sorting "sent emails" is not logical. Is there a better way. Using Outlook 4
D Macro for sorting email according to sender and subject Using Outlook 0
S Sorting by combined categories in Outlook Using Outlook 1
M 2010: sorting by ORIGINAL send date Using Outlook 1
R Sorting and crossing over project tasks in project window (BCM 2010) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Sorting suggested times in room finder Using Outlook 1
A Sorting of existing contact in Outlook 2003 just will not sort Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Copy Appointment Body to Task Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Outlook 2016 Understand and customize prepended behavior of recurring task Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
P Short Date Format when typing in a task Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2013 Task Recurrence - Third Friday After the Second Tuesday Using Outlook 2
P Task display now leaves little room for notes Using Outlook 10
C-S-R How to clear an Outlook (To Do) Task Flag? Using Outlook 8
G Event when creating task from mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Changing the font that the task view shows Using Outlook 5
D How To Combine Share Task Folders in just one Folder Using Outlook 0
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 2
G Arggh, weakness of reminder for every Task recurrence Using Outlook 0
P Can't paste an image into a task Using Outlook 3
F Validation on custom task form after task acceptance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
T Report For Task Recurrance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Can't accept or decline task (no button appears) Using Outlook 2
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
Z How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
Z VBA to Collapse Task Folder Groups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Help with dates in task list. Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Add a contact to the New Task in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
S Codes for "Mark Complete" the task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Deleting Sent Task Email, Deletes the task from my list Using Outlook 1