Outlook 2007 Contact Form Code Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
For many years through this group and others, I have a code in the form for my contact and in the contact form, when I click on the area, it runs the code. But just recently, it now says that it cannot find the specific object which has been working for ever until now.

The code creates a calendar event for the contact I do it from.

Is there a way to fix this right away?

Thanks very much!!

I have not heard back yet, and I have to fix this. Can you help on this?

It's summer - everyone is on vacation. :)

What is the code that is failing? What is the exact error message? It's possible a recent update broke it - do you know if any were installed right before it stopped working?

Nice to hear from you again!!!! You are the best!!! How can I send you the full code as you showed me how to add to it re the fields to show up in the calendar note area, and it is a big code. This was creating the calendar event through the contact, and when I click on the button that has the name of the code, it was running perfect.

And the error is: "it cannot find the specific object"

So how can I send you the full code so you can see it?

Thanks so much.

Paste it in notepad and use the upload file button to add it here would be the easiest.

You didn't edit any of the code? The error means it can't find an object it needs... but I have no idea what object it might be.

Got it. As a reminder, you showed me how to put the words from the contact fields in the calendar note area. So attached is the code and please let me know if there is something to fix even though it was working perfecting for years!!

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• Contact Form Code Re Calendar Event.txt
    21.9 KB · Views: 536
It didn't give you a clue as to what the specified object was ?

It did not...is just says : "it cannot find the specific object"

but other codes in the contact form still work as well....

Nothing jumps out at me - so the easiest way to identify the object is to comment out all of the IF lines but one and test then uncomment one more and test. You could probably uncomment like 5 at a time - if it works, then you know its not those 5., if it fails, you only have 5 to test.

I appreciate your thoughts....what do you mean by the IF lines? and when you tell me what those are...do I just delete them from the code and see if the code is working?

Oh, and you can try stepping though the macro and see where it quits - that might help identify the object.

I don't understand what you said to do re stepping through the macro and see where it quits

I appreciate your thoughts....what do you mean by the IF lines? and when you tell me what those are...do I just delete them from the code and see if the code is working?
That would be the whole passel of these lines:

if item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("FullName").text <> "" then txtFullName = "Full Name" & ": " & vbcrlf & item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("FullName").text & vbcrlf

if item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("TextBox10").text <> "" then txtNickname = "Nickname" & ": " & vbcrlf & item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("TextBox10").text & vbcrlf

add a ' to the front of all

You can select them in the editor and use the Edit toolbar's Comment block button to do all of them at once
comment-block.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1438186921][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't understand what you said to do re stepping through the macro and see where it quits
Show the debug toolbar or use F8 key to walk the macro line by line.
step-into.png

In 2007 outlook it does not show the Edit toolbar's Comment block button to do all of them at once...where is that?

In 2007 outlook it does not show the Edit toolbar's Comment block button to do all of them at once...where is that?
Right click on the toolbar area or look on the View menu for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.