flagged contacts suddenly disappeared from Reminders

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hey all. Running Outlook 2013 on a Macbook Pro 2009 unibody running Windows 7 via Bootcamp. I rely on my Reminders popup daily. Normally it will show me a list of all outstanding tasks, calendar appointments and contacts, but the other day I opened Outlook and it now only shows me outstanding Calendar appointments, although there are definitely plenty of outstanding tasks and contacts in my database.

In the meantime, how can I organize my Outlook contact database in such a way that the overdue contacts are all lined up so I can reply to them properly? I tried organizing by followup flag, flag completed, reminder, but none of those do the job. All the contacts that are highlighted in red when I view my Outlook database in Phone View, I need to be able to organize them by that.

The more I look manually through my Outlook contact database, the more I notice that there are contact files in there that have been overdue for as far back as 2012, and they weren't visible in my Reminders pane even last week before the recently overdue contacts completely disappeared. I've attached a screenshot of such a contact. Why wouldn't that pop up in Reminders?

Please advise, and thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
actually, think i fixed this.

1. If Outlook is open, quit the application.
  2. From the Start menu, in the "Search programs and files" field, enter:
    outlook /cleanreminders

Thanks for the update. I hadn't considered that as the problem and was going to see if i could repro. I'm glad you figured it out because i don't think i could repro it - it's basically corruption in the reminder folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Flagged Emails highlighted in yellow Using Outlook 2
V Macro to count flagged messages? Using Outlook 2
L Ignore hyperlink from being flagged as false pattern Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Flagged emails in pst file corrupt to do list Using Outlook 12
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Create a Task when a Message is Flagged Using Outlook 0
S VBA code to rename a task (flagged message) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Mark Rideout Search Folder of flagged messages including "tracked conversations" Using Outlook 2
W Searching Flagged Email Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
S automatically moving flagged sent e-mail to a special folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D flagged emails Using Outlook 1
T Outgoing Messages in the Reading Pane Cannot Be Flagged in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 6
S Previously flagged messages not archiving Using Outlook 3
R Flagged for Follow Up Search folder MIA after PST export/import Using Outlook 1
T How to see in "To do Bar" the flagged archived emails ? Using Outlook 6
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook or Phone Combining Contacts? Using Outlook 0
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
K Font Sizing in Custom Form Regions for Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook - hidden contacts? Using Outlook 2
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
L Favorites for People/Contacts? Using Outlook 1
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
B oContacts.Items.Restrict Misses Some Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F Moving Contacts to New Profile Using Outlook 0
V Contacts in O365 have changed?? Using Outlook 20
T Outlook 2010 BCM Migration to Standard Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0