Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrab

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Using Outlook 2016 & iPhone 6S, I am sometimes able to sync Outlook calendars with the iPhone calendars using iTunes. However, lately it's not working. Even though I add or delete appointments to Outlook, syncing doesn't change it on my iPhone. The steps I take are:
1. On the iPhone, Settings>iCloud>uncheck Calendars>click Keep on my iPhone
2. Open iTunes on my Win10 machine.
3. Plug in the iPhone to the computer & it shows up in iTunes.
4. Do a backup
5. Click "info" on the left side of iTunes
6. Select which calendar(s) I want sync'd
7. Click sync & wait
8. Eject iPhone

However, although the appointments are still correct in Outlook, my iPhone hasn't updated. Any ideas on what I can do?
Thank you!
Phil Rabichow

Hi Diane:
Thanks for responding. I have 2 calendar folders on my phone (one has my daughter's school schedule), but that wasn't the problem one. I called Apple support & my iCloud calendar was blank (don't know what that had to do with Outlook though). They had me add & new event on the iCloud calendar & suddenly, all the events appeared & Outlook & iPhone started syncing again. Still don't know what caused it, but it seems to be working now. Thank you again!

On the iPhone, Settings>iCloud>uncheck Calendars>click Keep on my iPhone
this may be why the icloud was empty. Depending on the cofig, the appt kept on the phone may not sync to outlook.

They had me add & new event on the iCloud calendar & suddenly, all the events appeared & Outlook & iPhone started syncing again.
sounds like you are using the icloud addin to sync, not itunes (which is direct sync with outlook)

icloud is the recommended way to sync, but it is still possible to sync via itunes, if you turn off icloud sync on the phone.

this may be why the icloud was empty. Depending on the cofig, the appt kept on the phone may not sync to outlook.

sounds like you are using the icloud addin to sync, not itunes (which is direct sync with outlook)

icloud is the recommended way to sync, but it is still possible to sync via itunes, if you turn off icloud sync on the phone.

Thanks for responding, Diane. Yes. I know I'm doing this a complicated way because I still have Outlook 2003 on Windows XP & Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. So I make a change, generally in Outlook & copy the outlook.pst file to the other computer. Then I shut off iCloud calendars & sync my iPhone to Outlook 2016 using iTunes (it won't sync with Outlook 2003). Then I turn on the iCloud calendar sync back on in iPhone settings. It usually works, but I may have screwed up something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
K Is it possible to sync IPhone to BCM Outlook contact, calendars ... all data? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
B Outlook and iPhone Sync Using Outlook 3
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
P Change PC User Directory & iPhone Sync Using Outlook 2
V Sync Outlook contacts with iPhone Using Outlook 4
V Any alternative to iCloud for calendar sync to iPhone? Using Outlook 8
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
B iPhone Calendar will not sync with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
E can't sync iPhone 4 with Outlook2010 Using Outlook 24
K outlook calendar wont sync iphone 4 Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2013 calendar won't sync with iphone 4s Using Outlook 14
S Sync v2003 with iPhone/iCloud Using Outlook 5
V Sync Outlook 2003 calendar to iPhone 4 Using Outlook 2
V Sync iPhone 5 Using Outlook 5
S Using POP3, Exchange server, and iPhone sync - can't sync to POP3 calendar Exchange Server Administration 0
V Sync outlook with iphone after adding exchange mail account Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Connector wont sync with iPhone/iPad Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
L Cannot sync Calendar to iphone. Cannot export to CSV. Cannot view as Table. Using Outlook 3
P How to restore my previous address book after an iPhone sync changed it Using Outlook 2
M Sync Outlook 2010 Notes and Journal with iPhone 4 Using Outlook 1
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
C reminders not synced by CodeTwo Sync for iCloud Using Outlook 2
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
KeithJB iCloud calendar sync only works one way! Using Outlook 3
Commodore iTunes sync on a new computer - any issues to be expected? Using Outlook 9
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O Exchange Sync period only (e.g. last years mail) Using Outlook 0
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
R How to Sync *all* Google Workspace Mail Folders with Outlook 2019 (MS365) Using Outlook 3
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
M Sync 'On my computer' emails Using Outlook 1
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
L icloud contacts sync Using Outlook 4
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V iCloud calendar sync problems Using Outlook 13
L automaticaly create a teams meeting with a sync Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Q Unable to Sync Quicken reminder with Outlook 2016 64Bit Using Outlook 1
T Outlook converts sent email to txt attachments when sync Using Outlook 0