• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MSN Account.. Oh boy what have I done?

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi folks,

I just added my MSN.com account to Outlook 2016 because anything important about my domain comes to that MSN.com email address.

Actually now days, most hosting companies demand you use a email address off of your domain just in case you get hacked and the registry company who host's your domain can still contact you.

So anyways I just added that address to Outlook and I just got this notification...... what does this mean?

The 1st account you see in the folder list is set up as an IMAP account. But MSN / Hotmail automatically set itself up as EXCHANGE?

How will this configuration effect my IMAP account which is a total different account OUTSIDE of this free MSN.com address?

Thanks,
Chris

UPDATE: I just removed the MSN.com address until I get further clarification.

2018-03-19.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
But MSN / Hotmail automatically set itself up as EXCHANGE?
Correct... because its running on office 365 Exchange. This allows better calendar & contact sync.

That message is telling you the exchange data file (but not the default email address) is set as default.

w will this configuration effect my IMAP account which is a total different account OUTSIDE of this free MSN.com address?
It will want to be the default data file - which is a smart move - as calendar and contacts will sync to the server and won't be at risk of getting lost. It has nothing to do with the default email account - that can stay on the imap account.