Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewWeb

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I would like to avoid trying to connect to public folders in my Outlook 365 (Version 1809, Build 1082.80181 Click-to-run). I saw a way to do this in older setups, which involved creating a 0-valued HasPublicFolders key in the registry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Setup". But it seems that this registry key is no longer around.

The autodiscover.xml that my outlook gets from the exchange server is trying to connect me to a public folder to which I don't have access, so I keep getting prompts for credentials to connect. I asked my IT team about it, and they just wanted me to make sure I didn't have an extra profile for that public folder (which I didn't). I've done repairs, uninstall/reinstall, etc., but the phantom public folder credential prompts keep coming back. Is there a way to tell outlook not to look for those folders? Worst case, I guess I could turn off autodiscover, edit that xml file to remove the reference to the public folder. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Apologies: I meant to say that under my "Exchange Account Settings", I have "Cached Exchange Mode" checked, but have always unchecked the options for "Download shared folders" and "Download Public Folder Favorites"

As far as I know, you can't block PF in current versions. You can try adding the Setup key and adding that value to it - i tried it, but its not working. However, it might only work if you add the account after setting the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
O How to prevent image resize when pasting Using Outlook 2
P Prevent Outlook 2016 from using DASL filter Using Outlook 4
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O How to prevent CC from showing when creating a new mail? Using Outlook 1
L OL 2016 contact: is there a way to prevent an admin from mistakenly deleting a contact? Using Outlook 1
D Multiple mailboxes, 1 certificate. How to prevent message "Invalid Certificate" Using Outlook 0
S How to prevent addins Using Outlook 0
makinmyway How Prevent Re-Formatting of Contact Notes Field When Syncing Using Outlook 10
Diane Poremsky Prevent Users From Choosing Stationery Using Outlook 0
evdbogaard How to prevent extra line feeds in replies Using Outlook 3
oliv- Prevent copying shared contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
oj43085 Prevent Outlook from blocking image from a single source Using Outlook 4
I How to prevent exchange email account from sending emails in Outlook Using Outlook 4
D Prevent Outlook from resolving incomplete contact when clicking send Using Outlook 2
K Prevent meeting requests being sent from a shared calendar in a group mailbox Using Outlook 1
N Prevent reminder dismisal in shared calendar Using Outlook 1
C Security Question - How to prevent users exporting .iaf files Using Outlook 5
B Item_Write = False don't prevent custom form from closing Using Outlook 1
T WAB editing: To help prevent malicious code from running.......... Using Outlook 18
N Allow Another User to Send on Behalf of But Prevent Access to Inbox Using Outlook 4
R Exchange 2010 archive-prevent users moving items direct to archive Exchange Server Administration 1
M Links prevent sending email Using Outlook 3
K How to prevent that Outlook is sending before my add-in is finished? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
K Prevent sending Excel files as attachements Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Prevent Outlook from sending an email with a blank Subject Line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G To Prevent Malicious Code from running, one or more objects in thi BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For m Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Script to either modify "from" address or prevent a reply being se Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J prevent user from installing wrong version of add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Prevent Changes to Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
glnz How to retrieve or redo Verizon.net email password without affecting Outlook connection? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i All of a sudden I lost connection to Gmail servers Using Outlook 8
W Encrypted connection to server refused Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 IMAP Connection Returns All Email but outlook.com does NOT Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Office 365 and Outlook connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 Error: Your IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Outlook Email Connection Error Using Outlook 3
M BCM remote database connection issue BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Last Connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
K Work Email - Calander Connection to Outlook.com Using Outlook 2
R The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 1
E IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook 2
P Outlook Connection Issues Using Outlook 3
Z connection to Lotus Notes Using Outlook 4
A Exchange 2003 Outlook 2010 64 Bit- AutoDiscover Connection Err - Certificate Exchange Server Administration 9
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
K Intermittent ability to send to single domain. "Connection refused" Exchange Server Administration 1
N Connection Error Using Outlook 2