Status
Not open for further replies.

Dommmm

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Diane,
I'm trying to add use a macro that when pressed via a button on the ribbon will add a category to the new/outgoing email.
If I start a new email the macro works fine to add the category but as soon as I hit send it seems to be removed and it goes without the category on.

The reason for doing this is I need all outgoing emails delayed by 1 minute except if they have a set category.

So I've got this set up as an outlook rule:
Apply this rule after I send the message
defer delivery by 1 minutes
except if assigned to SEND-OVERRIDE category

and the VBA I have is:

Sub SpecifyCategoryforNewEmail()
Dim obApp As Object
Dim NewEmail As MailItem

Set obApp = Outlook.Application
Set NewEmail = obApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem

NewEmail.Categories = "SEND-OVERRIDE"

Set obApp = Nothing
Set NewEmail = Nothing
End Sub

but what happens is the email sits in the outbox, having removed the category and delays by 1 minute. What am I doing wrong please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F How to assign a task to a public task folder? Using Outlook 1
A How to assign the value returned by the regex execute function to a variable? Using Outlook 1
soadfan assign category (VBA) Using Outlook 7
Diane Poremsky Assign one task to several people Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Assign an Email Account to an Outlook Contact Using Outlook 0
E for Mac: Assign Task not available!? Using Outlook 1
E Outlook VBA to print attached Pdf to a fax printer and assign fax number Using Outlook 0
A Assign a unique number to every message I send Using Outlook 0
Z assign unique number email Using Outlook 8
J Assign a signature by external or internal reciepents. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P VBA to assign category on calendar item does not work ?? why ?? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S assign task programmatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Cannot assign a task from a public folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Assign To and CC list while using Redemption.dll library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C How to assign icon to a button in Outlook Add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
S Folder Pane Colour Categories Using Outlook 6
Ken Pascoe Outlook Categories Quick List Using Outlook 0
O Calendar - appointment templates and categories Using Outlook 1
T Increasing the number of items that appear on the Categories list Using Outlook 2
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
Z How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
D Importing Outlook Categories from another domain (Exchange 2016/Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 4
S Conditional formatting problem with "is not empty" and categories Using Outlook 2
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P how to remove unwanted PST file default categories assigned to many calendar entries Using Outlook 7
P Import Categories from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 8
A Outlook reverse categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Mark Foley Color Categories on IMAP mail lost when installing new Windows 7 workstation Using Outlook 12
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Task Categories Using Outlook 2
I categories for outgoing email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Appointment-Cannot set Categories because ConversationID is not set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Using conditional formatting on a shared calendar with categories Using Outlook 6
S Appointment colour categories disappear Using Outlook 4
Z Outlook.com Contact categories Using Outlook 8
A Are categories still recommended for creating local distribution lists? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Using Categories for Dynamic Distribution Lists Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Printing Calendars with Color Categories Using Outlook 0
avant-guvnor Outlook 2016 and views, categories etc. Using Outlook 3
T categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
makinmyway How to Easily/Quickly Ungroup by Categories Using Outlook 1
C Printing tasks with multiple categories Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Where are Outlook categories save for IMAP? Using Outlook 12
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3