Calendar - appointment templates and categories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olzki75

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello - I've been asked to sort out my workplace's shared calendars - essentially we've got about 15 workers, who need to put appointments into the calendars of 2 technicians,. The 15 workers need to use a template for the body text of the appointment, to make sure all the important info for the technicians is included, and then they need to add categories to inform the technicians of the type of appointment it is.

I created a template, using the "design form" function, and published it into a new folder, inside the Inbox of a shared email account that all the staff at my workplace can access. This appeared to work fine, as everyone can access the appointment template and use it to create an appointment for the technicians. However, I've gone to test it today, and to start looking at how to create the categories so that the 15 workers all have the same choice of categories and don't have to make them up themselves, and it's no longer working.

When I create an appointment, using the template, it doesn't put the appointment into anyone's calendar, but instead saves it inside the same folder as where the template is stored - it can be dragged from there on to someones calendar, but obviously that's not ideal.

If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions, as to what's going on and how to sort it, i'd be dead grateful. Also, if anyone has any ideas re: how to enable the 15 workers to all have access to the same categories, that would be super handy.

Many thanks in advance.

It might work better if the form is published to the org forms library, but the admin needs to set that up. Then the form will be available in all calendars. Publishing it in each tech's calendar would work too, but if harder to manage if you update it.

When I create an appointment, using the template, it doesn't put the appointment into anyone's calendar, but instead saves it inside the same folder as where the template is stored - it can be dragged from there on to someones calendar, but obviously that's not ideal.
This is typical behavior - it goes on the calendar it is published to. It should have worked like that before too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Selecting shared calendar for appointment/meeting templates Using Outlook 2
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
R Recover Deleted Appointment in Calendar Using Outlook 0
D Record Appointment to Calendar on "Public Folder" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
A Get shared calendar name or id in custom appointment form Using Outlook 0
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Diane Poremsky Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar Using Outlook 0
J Outlook calendar...How to add an event or appointment without a border around it? Using Outlook 9
D Calendar appointment, type 2 Using Outlook 2
M Create an Appointment from XL Spreadsheet in a Shared Calendar. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Showing @live account in outlook 2013 calendar as private appointment Using Outlook 1
M Email notification on creation of an appointment shared calendar? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
anoble1 How to create an email with a link to add a calendar appointment Using Outlook 1
I how to create appointment using saved template onto public folder shared calendar Using Outlook 3
R Calendar Appointment Hour Range Using Outlook 1
R How to copy outlook 2010 shared calendar appointment or meeting to personal calendar by vba? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Reoccuring appointment issues when exporting Calendar to Excel Using Outlook 3
S Calendar deletes appointment after entry from both Outlook and Icloud calander Using Outlook 1
R OL2010 Calendar Appointment Highlighting Text issue Using Outlook 3
W ghost appointment in calendar.ics Using Outlook 2
P Appearance (Width) of Calendar Appointment "Show as (Free/Busy/etc)" Indicator Using Outlook 1
B Outlook Calendar Appointment Problem Using Outlook 1
P Previous Appointment issue in Calendar Using Outlook 1
J Printing Private Appointment Detail on Calendar Printing Assistance Using Outlook 0
J Can't print appointment times on Monthly View Calendar? Using Outlook 4
J Can't print appointment times on Monthly View Calendar? Using Outlook 0
P Create appointment to custom (shared) outlook calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Get Dates of Recurring Events in Shared Appointment Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Appointment Items in Public Folder calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T How to copy an appointment from a public calendar to personal cale Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
H add an appointment for a custom calendar, vba excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Any 3rd party tool that sync (mirror) from Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar? Using Outlook 5
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5