Outlook 2016 Managing aliases in 365

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregS

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
There is an alias dropdown on the "from" line, but it shows several obsolete aliases and does not show the new alias that I tried to add. Where should I look to manage the aliases and what are the rules for creating or deleting an alias? For example, my main address might be "george@somemail.com" I would like to have an alias like "manager@somemail.com" Is that allowed in Office 365 "home" version?
Thanks for your help.

If the account is an outlook.com account, the aliases will be listed but the alias list is only read when you add the account to outlook. When you add or remove an alias online, the list is not updated - you need to remove the account and add it back to regenerate the list.

Aloha Diane, hope you and yours stay well.
My Outlook is part of Office 365. Shows: Version 2008 (13217.20164 Click to run)
Do the same rules about aliases apply?
Thank you,
Greg Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
O :Managing contacts in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
S Managing shared malibox with multiple users. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M First post -help with managing two calendars Outlook 2010 /Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 0
T managing catergories and colors in shared contacts. Using Outlook 0
T managing contacts in public folders Using Outlook 4
C Managing & Merging .pst files Using Outlook 3
S Exam 77-884: Managing Contact Module Options Using Outlook 4
J Managing signatures and disclaimers with digitally signed emails Exchange Server Administration 3
P Managing Calendar Updates Using Outlook 2
A Managing GAL via OWA Exchange Server Administration 5
F Managing and parsing names other than main contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook 2019 Using Gmail aliases in Outlook Using Outlook 6
A How to create fixed signatures for aliases that process through GMAIL? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Struggling with aliases Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2013 Identities? Aliases? Using Outlook 1
Q Aliases and Sending from different accounts with Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
P Moving from 2010 to 365 Using Outlook 3
Rupert Dragwater Background colors not saving in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 15
J Outlook 365 html inline images Using Outlook 0
Rupert Dragwater How to get Outlook 365 to open from websites Using Outlook 5
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
S Import PST to Office 365 Using Outlook 1
C Migrate Exchange to Office 365 Using Outlook 2
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 365 Outlook (part of 365) now working offline - argh Using Outlook 5
G LinkedIn tab missing in Outlook 365 (but working in OWA) Using Outlook 0
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
L Duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
G Stop Outlook 365 adding meetings to calendar Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Using Emojis in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
O Office 365 - Zoom Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2019 Not Using Auto Compete After Deletion of 365 Using Outlook 1
CWM550 Is it me, or is Outlook 365 BUGGY? Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 11
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 2