Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWM550

Outlook version
Outlook on the web
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have a weird problem that just popped up...

I am using an exchange account that I used for a little bit last year and then switched away.

During that time, I was THE ONLY address using exchange... I just switched mom over to my domain this year.

I am paying for 2 separate email licenses.

I have only been using the account full time for about 5 days now. And have NOT changed anything on the account.

I have this issue that I need to stop from happening:

I opened my spam folder this morning and in it, was a email from Michaels ( Craft store) but it was addressed to my MOM's ACCOUNT.
I am NOT signed up to get emails from Michaels.

Soo, Why is her " potential spam" coming to my mailbox?

I marked the email as NOT SPAM through OWA, and instead of it going to her mailbox, it added the domain to my safelist and moved the email to my inbox.

I had MS call me and that guy really didn't make no sense to me. He couldn't figure out why this was happening

He had me go to Exchange ADMIN Center > Policies and Rules > Threat Policies > Anti Spam Inbound Policy

and then click on Anti Spam Inbound Policy ( DEFAULT) and scroll down to

"Redirect to this email address"​

and change this address to a gmail address.

I explained to the guy what I was wanting but he just studdered, and kept talking over me, and acted like he understood what I was trying to say....

I explained to him that I would rather Moms spam just go to her JUNK folder in her own personal account, and let her deal with her own spam and not notify me. He said that I couldn't disable that rule under Exchange ADMIN Center > Policies and Rules > Threat Policies > Anti Spam Inbound Policy

As I said I have NOT made any changes to my account.. I don't even know how to set up " Account Transport Rules"

I had the guy check the quarentine settings and there's no rules set for that.. But if you need me to check that I can?

Please Help!

Thanks,
Chris

Here is some more information:

Now the Michaels email is showing up at my gmail account, instead of to my Mom's account since the MS guy had me change the email address for suspicious emails:

Could this be why the emails are forwarded to my gmail account: Michael's SPF record fails the integrity check, so Exchange thinks the emails are suspicious?

How do I mark the entire domain as safe though Exchange, so that the emails are delivered to my mom?

Thanks!

2022-11-07_07-42.jpg

THE CASE HAS BEEN SOLVED!
==========================

MS called me and guided me through the process:

I had to go to

(Sign in to your account) - which is security.microsoft(DOT) com/antispam

Click on " Anti Spam inbound Policies"

Scroll to " Edit Actions"

Then for Spam, High Confidence Spam, and Phishing --- Change the setting from " REDIRECT TO ADDRESS"

to " Move to Spam folder"

"High Confidence Phishing" I left on Quarantine.

But I did have Outlook do something weird this morning.. When I launched OL 365 for the first time, it moved a copy of the messages in my inbox to " OUT 2022" which is my Sent folder.

And that rule is set up as " After message is sent "
" From Specified account firstname@domain.com"
Move a copy to "Out 2022"
Stop processing rules.

So I just ran Outlook.exe /CleanRules and reset all the rules back up again.

I read running clean rules eraces all rules on the exchange mailbox OWA client, and in Outlook 365

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Diane's Delay Delivery at Specific Times Questions Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
CWM030 A quick question for Diane about Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
Jeff Rott Diane Question on "Use in a Run a Script Rule" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Automatically 'Reply to all', and Change the Subject of Email - Diane P help! Using Outlook 0
J Halp Diane!- Notes Using Outlook 3
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
P Moving from 2010 to 365 Using Outlook 3
Rupert Dragwater Background colors not saving in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 15
J Outlook 365 html inline images Using Outlook 0
Rupert Dragwater How to get Outlook 365 to open from websites Using Outlook 5
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
S Import PST to Office 365 Using Outlook 1
C Migrate Exchange to Office 365 Using Outlook 2
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 365 Outlook (part of 365) now working offline - argh Using Outlook 5
G LinkedIn tab missing in Outlook 365 (but working in OWA) Using Outlook 0
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
L Duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
G Stop Outlook 365 adding meetings to calendar Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Using Emojis in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
O Office 365 - Zoom Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Not Using Auto Compete After Deletion of 365 Using Outlook 1
CWM550 Is it me, or is Outlook 365 BUGGY? Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 11
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 2
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
kburrows Outlook 365 - Ribbon Customizations Disappear Using Outlook 0
C Why does Outlook (desktop) 365 for Windows keep making me input my passwords? Using Outlook 12
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 - Gmail and Outlook: how to force Outlook to start up in Gmail? Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
P How can I stop Outlook 365 duplicating the posts? Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Toggle between calendar and email in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 12
S Mac Outlook 365 Questions Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 365 update sets delete from server flag Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1