Multiple Exchange Accounts: How to Configure Default Contacts, Notes, Tasks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotxfil

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Greeting all,

I've searched high and low for the answer to this question. Learned a lot in the process, but haven't found a definitive answer as to whether or not this is possible.

I have two POP3 e-mail accounts, a Hotmail SMTP account, an Exchange account for work, and an Exchange account for school, all under one profile.

The mail works fine, everything goes where it is supposed to go.

When I open Outlook, the default mail and calendar folders show my main .PST mail and calendar inbox and calendar as desired.

My Contacts, Notes, Tasks, and Journal folders all default to my school Exchange account. I don't use those folders on my school or work accounts for anything. I'd LIKE to just delete them but I can't seem to do that either... I WANT them to default to my main .PST POP3 e-mail account when Outlook opens, that where I keep all my data.

I can't get them to do that no matter what I try. Any ideas, or am I out of luck here?

Re: Multiple Exchange Accounts: How to Configure Default Contacts, Notes, Task

Which data file is set as the default data file in File, Account Settings, Data File? That is normally what is used as the default location for the special items, but Exchange throws a wrench into things - any created while viewing the email folders is likely to go into the exchange mailbox.

Which data file is set as the default data file in File, Account Settings, Data File? That is normally what is used as the default location for the special items, but Exchange throws a wrench into things - any created while viewing the email folders is likely to go into the exchange mailbox.

It's one of the Exchange mailboxes, and of course, Outlook won't let me change it to on of the POP3 accounts. I'd just record a macro that runs on startup to select the desired folders for me, but Outlook doesn't have a macro recorder, either...

I'm not sure what selecting folders or programmatically setting the default data file will do. What exactly happens when you try to set a pst as default? Any error messages?

When I try to set my desired PST as the default data file, a message box appears stating "Outlook (97-2002) Data Files (.pst) cannot be used when more than one Exchange account is configured."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Multiple Exchange Accounts in 2007 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Multiple Exchange accounts Using Outlook 4
T Change order in which multiple exchange accounts are displayed in outlook tree Using Outlook 6
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Auto synching a single contact folder for multiple Outlook users with Exchange Exchange Server Administration 9
B Sharing Multiple Outlook 2010 Calendars (Exchange) Exchange Server Administration 4
E "Current View" settings across multiple users on same Exchange 2007 account. Using Outlook 1
T Multiple Exchange Mailboxes Using Outlook 3
D Removing multiple Exchange 2007 servers on the same Domain and site Exchange Server Administration 1
J Can multiple exchange users share same categories? Exchange Server Administration 4
A Know any product to sync multiple Exchange calendars please? Using Outlook 4
R Select Multiple Graphic Objects Using Outlook 0
Hornblower409 Automatically or Manually Backup Multiple Versions of VbaProject.OTM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Multiple Rules on Single Email Using Outlook 2
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Globalforester ItemAdd Macro - multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 8
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Multiple Inboxes Using Outlook 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
papa.deblanc Multiple Instances Using Outlook 6
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4