Multiple accounts in outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexR

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
I am using Outlook 10 32 bit with a main hotmail account and this works fine. I am keen to add a couple of other accounts, one is an Exchange one, the other one a POP3 Google-based one and get all the e-mails delivered into my hotmail account in Outlook. I have suceeded adding the Exchange account, however I am having 2 different accounts and 2 different calendars right now. Is there any way to sort this out ?

Thanks,

Alex

Exchange is a server-based account so you will need to have two data files. While you could change the folders Exchange uses for delivery, it that deletes the mail from the Exchange server and moves to the the hotmail server. Doing this can make a mess of your Exchange calendar and affect your free/busy information (seen by coworkers).

The above also applies to the gmail pop3 account. If you deliver it to the hotmail folder it will upload all the mail to the hotmail server and replies may come from your hotmail account.

The recommendation is to use separate data files for each account and put the folders you use the most on the Favorite Mail folder. Calendar and contact folders can't be deleted but you can move them to a new group then collapse the group to hide the folders.

Do you want all gmail delivered to Hotmail / stored on the hotmail servers? If so, you can configure hotmail to POP the gmail account instead of configuring it in Outlook. Note that when an online account (hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc) POPs other accounts and you download the mail into outlook, all replies will be from the account that downloaded the mail into outlook.

Having Outlook download the gmail and put it in the hotmail folders (see ptech's reply) will allow you to reply using the gmail account, at least at first. It's my experience that when you store all mail in an online account, it eventually forgets which account downloaded the mail and replies go out through Hotmail. (It forgets faster when you use multiple computers to access Hotmail.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
R Using Multiple Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Outlook, Multiple Accounts and the Default Account Using Outlook 4
B Multiple email accounts in outlook and multiple iphones Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
H Syncing multiple types of Outlook accounts across various devices/systems. Using Outlook 3
S Sync Multiple Accounts in Outlook on Single System Using Outlook 5
P Multiple accounts and single Calendar file (Outlook 2010, using Connector) Using Outlook 1
T Change order in which multiple exchange accounts are displayed in outlook tree Using Outlook 6
J Multiple Accounts - One Inbox Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Deleting multiple accounts Using Outlook 1
M Multiple workstations and multiple accounts - keep in sync? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D Multiple Accounts Issue Receiving Emails in 2016 Using Outlook 0
D Multiple Exchange Accounts in 2007 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
N Using Categories & Search Folders with multiple accounts Using Outlook 4
H Multiple Exchange Accounts: How to Configure Default Contacts, Notes, Tasks? Using Outlook 4
M Multiple Exchange accounts Using Outlook 4
O Multiple simulteniously opened OWA 2010 accounts in one browser work fine ! Using Outlook 3
D Multiple EAS Accounts - One Unified Inbox? Using Outlook 4
L Download/export multiple POP accounts Using Outlook 1
B Multiple accounts or players with one opportunity BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E Conversation Folder in multiple accounts Using Outlook 3
R Display multiple accounts as drop down in the from field in New Mail Using Outlook 1
P Handling Multiple eMail Accounts Using Outlook 2
J multiple email accounts, but only want to pull from two Using Outlook 1
P Multiple Mail Accounts Using Outlook 1
S Help with multiple email accounts Using Outlook 5
J Multiple Accounts and Multiple Contact interelation BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Notification for Multiple Email Accounts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Linking a Business Contact to multiple Accounts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J Can I link a single project to multiple accounts / business contac BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Select Multiple Graphic Objects Using Outlook 0
Hornblower409 Automatically or Manually Backup Multiple Versions of VbaProject.OTM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Multiple Rules on Single Email Using Outlook 2
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3