Force use of general outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Jory

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
In Outlook 2010 when I clicked send on an email it would go into the general outbox, not the one under the IMAP account. After upgrading to 2013 the email is put in the outbox under the IMAP account. This is a big hassle when I forgot which email account I used to send from and want to double check. I now have to go to each IMAP folder and click it top open and then click on the outbox. I have 10 email accounts so this can be time consuming. is there a way to force all email to send into the general outbox like it use to in 2010.

I have removed the OST file and set the pst file as a default for other reasons and thought this would be a solution but it wasn't

No, now that Outlook supports calendar and contacts in the imap folders, they use their own outboxes. If this is a frequent issue, you can set a reg key so outlook never chooses an account - you'll need to choose the account before sending. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlook-2010/multiple-accounts-and-the-default-account/ for the reg key.

You can try using instant search - folderpath:eek:utbox and set it to use all mailboxes. Turn off the reading pane and add the account field to the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 - Gmail and Outlook: how to force Outlook to start up in Gmail? Using Outlook 2
A Any way to force sort by/group by on search results with VBA? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A force outlook to default to MY calendar Using Outlook 3
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Force account selection for sending reply emails Using Outlook 1
C Force account selection - no reg path nor can create one Using Outlook 9
D How to force full message download for all Gmail messages in all folders with IMAP in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
D Updating Registry to force new task and note items to save in a particular folder Using Outlook 1
S Force Outlook to use TCP Using Outlook 1
C Defer email delivery - but when force sent using F9 Using Outlook 1
F force new meetings and appointments to send from my IMAP account Using Outlook 7
A How can I force Outlook 2003 to use A4 paper? Using Outlook 6
J Force the 'From' account Using Outlook 1
D a general question re how backup programs handle pst files ... I have no problems, just curious Using Outlook 1
A Auto Accept Meetings from the General Calendar Using Outlook 3
F 'General failure (URL) Server execution failed' Using Outlook 1
D a general question regarding data files Using Outlook 3
F General Question Using Outlook 0
A General, how to get started? [kwrds begin start newbie] Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Note field on general tab BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
J E-mail held in Outbox while Minimized Using Outlook 3
L Need help modifying a VBA script for emails stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 2016 Can I disable the Outlook Outbox? Using Outlook 2
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
U Outbox Message Stuck after reading some MailItem Properties with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Cant See outbox items on a secondary Account Exchange Server Administration 3
M Outbox throttler Using Outlook 4
T SMTP messages stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2013 Send mail - it just sticks in Outbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 puts replies in Outbox Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky After viewing the Outbox, messages won't send Using Outlook 0
D Close Oulook after sending emails via vba without outbox getting stuck. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Messages in Outbox reminder is wrong Using Outlook 4
D Use single outbox in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
T Two Outbox's in 2007 but neither send Using Outlook 8
iwshim Transfering mail from the outbox to another computer Using Outlook 0
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
F Outbox - Multiple Emails need to be manually opened? Using Outlook 5
B OUTBOX ERROR!!!!! Using Outlook 20
James Emails Stuck In Outlook Outbox Happening Alot Using Outlook 1
Loperman Emails hang in Outbox Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
M some emails send from outbox, some don't Using Outlook 10