Calendar view when working past midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgehman

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Living in Mauritius for the next four months, but working US hours, which means I go to work at 5pm and end at 2am. My Outlook calendar won't let me show a range from 5pm to 2am...all my appointments are either at the very top or the very bottom, and I can't see the top while looking at the bottom, and vice versa. I need to either 1) set it to allow a view from 5pm to 2am, or 2) hide the hours from 3am to 4pm so that I can see all my work hours on one screen.

I have a possible solution. I created an appointment starting at the start of my shift. I then opened the Recurrence options window. I entered the start time, skipped the end time, and entered my shift's duration (Start= 6:00 PM; End= 6:30 PM; Duration: 8 hours). After entered the duration, the End changed to 2:00 AM (this trick will not work if you manually enter an end time after midnight). My Reoccurence pattern is set to Weekly, Recur 1 week on: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. My Range of recurrence is set to the first day of my tour, and the End by as the end date of my tour. When I clicked the OK button I got a pop-up asking me if it was ok for it to go past midnight; I responed YES. My appointments all start at 6:00 PM and end at 2:00 AM the next date. I then finished it up by clicking back on the appointment and changing the Show as to Free and Reminder to none. I can still create Busy appointments over-top of this Free appointment. For my off days, I just delete those single occurences. We have an internal company application that reads these appointments and changes its status to match this appointment's status of Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Calendar Day View only shows 1 all day event Using Outlook 0
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Weekend View in Calendar Using Outlook 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
K Accentuating today in Outlook calendar month view Using Outlook 2
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
P How can I change my calendar view back Using Outlook 3
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2016 shows Meeting Organizer in Calendar View Using Outlook 5
A Need to view Outlook calendar in Sharepoint .. Using Outlook 2
D Calendar view problems with reading pane open Using Outlook 0
L Change the displayed fields in calendar view Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky How to View a Shared Calendar on a Smartphone Using Outlook 0
V View calendar on backed up Outlook file Using Outlook 6
A Calendar List View Showing Week Number Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 Calendar Appointments not in Outlook Today view Using Outlook 11
J Other user's calendar view showing as busy in 2007 & 2013 from my account Using Outlook 1
P Is there any way of sorting the task list in CALENDAR view? Using Outlook 4
J Calendar view for future events only? Using Outlook 3
G Calendar monthly view - Print just 3 weeks Using Outlook 5
F iCloud calendar invisible only in Calendar View Using Outlook 2
Britonius Admin cannot view full room calendar permissions Using Outlook 8
V Lost calendar view, items still in list view Using Outlook 2
N Calendar Permissions - Delegates - View Title Only Using Outlook 2
S Displaying the Remind Beforehand Value in Calendar List View Using Outlook 2
S Calendar View Templates? Using Outlook 0
E Adding Start and End Time to Daily View in Calendar Printing assistant Using Outlook 1
O Calendar list view in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 3
J Print next 7 days view of calendar (2010) Using Outlook 3
R printing custom number of calendar days in weekly view format Using Outlook 1
P Setting Calendar View to Day/Week or Month Using Outlook 2
E Calendar View - Go to Today (Alt+O keystroke gone in 2010) Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 - Calendar - always show 4 weeks in month view Using Outlook 3
G how to change default calendar view to show this week and future weeks? Using Outlook 1
L Cannot sync Calendar to iphone. Cannot export to CSV. Cannot view as Table. Using Outlook 3
M Outlook Calendar Monthly View Missing Appointments Using Outlook 3
R OL 2010 default calendar view Using Outlook 6
C Printing a monthly calendar in overlay view Using Outlook 3
J Can't print appointment times on Monthly View Calendar? Using Outlook 4
J Can't print appointment times on Monthly View Calendar? Using Outlook 0
G How to NOT display the start time in monthly calendar view - 2007 Using Outlook 8
A Running Code in Side by side calendar view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7