Birthday reminders now ending after 10 years??

Status
Not open for further replies.

astro46

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Today I discovered that all (?) my birthday reminders are set to end after 10 occurrences. What is Microsoft's assumption? No one lives more than 10 years? After 10 years users will happily find different software to use for managing contacts?

I seem to remember that all recurrences were set to "no end date" , previously. Is this another downside to using outlook.com to sync calendars across devices, similar to outlook.com switching reminders from "none" to some other time period as it syncs? (I have had to turn off all calendar notifications on my Windows phone, because I was tired of the constant, pointless reminder notifications.)

Is there any way to change all birthdays, and other yearly recurring reminders, back to "no end date"?

I'll look into it. Do you know if your outlook.com account is was migrated to the new server?

AFAIK, they didn't change the default, but we do recommend 10 years for things like this then update them as you get closer to the end date. It's possible the new birthday calendars will update the end date as time goes on.

afaik, my account wasn't migrated. Is there a notification or other indication of migration when it happens?

I am reluctant to assume that I will remember to update "end dates" for recurrences 9 years from now. (not to mention the work of doing that.) makes more sense to me to delete them when they are no longer relevant, as I do now.

Until, of course, I miss a number of events and have to figure out why they have disappeared from my calendar.

Is there a way to change them back in bulk? or will outlook.com revert them?

I'm looking into it to see what might be going on. There are macros that can create b-days from contacts... I don't have any that changes the end date - but it should be easy enough to do.

I'm not sure if outlook.com will change/update them. The new server offers a separate birthday calendar and that should stay updated, getting birthdates from current contacts - my birthday calendar has no end dates. If outlook creates the b-day, it should be no end date - which mine are here as well.

The easiest way to know if the account was moved is to log into outlook.com. The interface looks different, says outlook mail above the message list, and has a new url outlook.live.com/owa (old url is *.mail.live.com)
Outlook.com Migration Status

I just checked Outlook.com . Url is Sign In......, says "Outlook.com" in header over the message list. I guess it hasn't migrated.

I get no mail through outlook mail. I use Calendar for syncing, which I access through Onedrive (same account un/pw).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
G Create ordinal numbers for birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Fozzie Bear Sharing Birthday Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A add birthday to outlook contacts Using Outlook 1
S Birthday and Anniversary records Using Outlook 2
S Birthday and Anniversary fields Exchange Server Administration 3
B Birthday dates automatically (and improperly) placed in Birthday Details Using Outlook 2
T Birthday events in Calendar Using Outlook 4
P [SOLVED] Outlook-Hotmail Birthday Calendar changed by one day Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
H i ditect birthday appointments from calendar appointments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Birthday series in calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Birthday Field - How can one set it without generating a calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C reminders not synced by CodeTwo Sync for iCloud Using Outlook 2
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Reminders not populating for certain events Using Outlook 2
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Are the underlined letters in Outlook Reminders window supposed to work? Using Outlook 4
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Reminders Window stops being displayed, even with /resetfolders or /cleanreminders Using Outlook 8
M Quicken One Step Update Bill Reminders Not Syncing to Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Reminders Display then Disappear Using Outlook 13
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
T populate calendar with appointments and send reminders Using Outlook 1
D Outlook for Android - Dismiss Reminders? Using Outlook 0
Karsten V Reminders keep popping up way after past reject Using Outlook 0
M flagged contacts suddenly disappeared from Reminders Using Outlook 3
M Reminders or Notifications for Internet Calendars Using Outlook 1
E Meeting reminders are set for the recipient Exchange Server Administration 9
P Outlook 2013 reminders firing late, in batches Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to choose which Calendar creates reminders? Using Outlook 0
E Are reminders local or global? Using Outlook 2
D Reminders in Outlook shared calendar Using Outlook 2
Z Reminders for all members of a shared calendar Using Outlook 1
A Can't stop Outlook.com from setting reminders on appointments? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
PSittner Email Reminders From Excel File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Duplicate Reminders Using Outlook 5
D Add tasks to reminders and calender? Using Outlook 1
R iCloud Issues in Outlook 2013, cannot create reminders Using Outlook 2
P open reminders missing after copying outlook pst file Using Outlook 2
A Calendar Reminders are Removed with Sync to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
W Midnight bug - Outlook Today & reminders Using Outlook 5
H Calendar entry reminders in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
R How to turn OFF the Reminders for shared calendar events but not off personal Using Outlook 1
C outlook 2013 task reminders vs. outlook.com task reminders Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
M suddenly cannot set outlook 2007 contact reminders Using Outlook 2
D OL 13 Reminders Using Outlook 4
G Problem with reminders and the contact note field BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5