Status
Not open for further replies.

Harald Olsen

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
A "New Mail" is selected.
I start by writing one or maybe three of the first letters of the mailadress I want to use (like olh in olh@haraldolsen.dk or "Pri" from my wife's e-mail address), and the entire address or name appears in the address line. Voila! Recently the function disappeared. I may have "unticked" the function by mistake, but cannot find where to "tick" it again. Can anyone help?
Harald

the setting is hidden in file, options. mail - about 3/4 of the way down, in Send messages. if it is checked, then your autocomplete cache could be corrupt - click the empty button and see if addresses save as you use them.

autocomeplete.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K outlook workflow: automated task generation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G How do I create a custom pick list in VB for an outlook automated email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2003 Add-in automated removal Using Outlook 9
S Automated way to move messages to a non-outlokk folder - saves as Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M x-header insertion issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
L Specific Incoming Email Address Immediately Deleted Using Outlook 2
L Unable to Use Alias as From Address Using Outlook 2
H Preventing the 'email address fetch from Exchange' crashing email reading code Exchange Server Administration 0
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
whizzard Change FROM address based on TO or CC address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Outlook FROM ADDRESS -Outlook.com and Android Using Outlook 1
O What would be the recommended way to change an email address (family member)? Using Outlook 0
L Checking Sender Email Address for trusted domain from list on intranet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J How do you disable address search box when typing @ in body of email? Using Outlook 0
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
M Gmail address associated with Outlook on new phone Using Outlook 9
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
O Same email address, same person, names in so many ways Using Outlook 4
R Capture Sender's Display name and Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
D Outlook Address Book Using Outlook 0
Terry Sullivan Sender Field Displays My E-Mail Address, Not My Name Using Outlook 1
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
1 Incorrectly Setup a Rule at Domain level to not allow address from outside domain Exchange Server Administration 2
D Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook replies not using "delivered to" address in From Using Outlook 1
T "Words In Recipient's Address" Rule Causes Outlook To Stop Processing Rules Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
B Change from Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Renaming Address Book Using Outlook 3
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
O Address list - company and non-company ? Using Outlook 0
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Email not going to address displayed Using Outlook 4
B When sending an email, I am showing 2 of my address's Using Outlook 1
oliv- determine to which address an email has been sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Exporting IM Address field Using Outlook 2
R outlook address book search broken Using Outlook 2