Status
Not open for further replies.

schwarznavy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Greetings,

I am using a script very similar to the one posted here (Outlook VBA for marking a new mail as a task before sending) which sets a customer UserProperty on an email being written. Also, concurrently, the SentItems folder is being monitored and when it sees email with that property takes some actions.

While drafting an email, is there a way to show a visual indicator that a macro was run or that a custom UserProperty was set? Ideally, I'd have a button for the macro on the ribbon that visually indicates whether the button was pushed or not. Alternatively, is there a way to have a button or something that checks UserProperties and changes visually depending on the UserProperty?

Are you using an itemadd or adding it as the message form was opened?

You would need to use a custom toolbar to create a toggle button. I don't have any samples that do this though.

Hi Diane. Yes, itemadd. While the message is opened, the macro adds a userproperty. Another script is looking for itemadd to the Sent Folder and when it sees an item added with that user property, it does some things.

The way I see it, the visual indication would have to either act on the userproperty existing, or triggering the macro.

Is there a way to make a custom form that looks for certain userproperties and changes visually when it sees one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Visual of Tasks on desktop Using Outlook 2
C Visual Basic auto create task from email including attachments Using Outlook 9
M How to Create Macro in Visual Basic to add Contacts from Personal Folder Using Outlook 4
E trust access to visual basic project greyed out in outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook AddIn can't load outside Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Deploying add-ins from Visual Studio Tools for Office Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
U Outlook Addin Creation using Visual Studio 2008 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M New Message Indicator in Favorites Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky New Message Indicator for Subfolders? Using Outlook 0
P Appearance (Width) of Calendar Appointment "Show as (Free/Busy/etc)" Indicator Using Outlook 1
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
F Color code certain INBOX emails Using Outlook 2
CWM550 Saving Data: Don't check certain folders Using Outlook 2
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Save emails within a certain date range to network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook Reminders not populating for certain events Using Outlook 2
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook 2016 remove envelope icon for certain folders Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
S Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders Using Outlook 3
F How to show assigned tasks under certain mailbox? Using Outlook 4
B When working on emails in a certain folder, when I hit reply or reply all, I would like it re always reply all and add an email address to send to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Syncing my inbox not working for certain types of mail Using Outlook 9
C VBA to Forward e-mails from certain address and between certain times Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
avant-guvnor Unable to view certain emails in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 16
skyfox VBA to search email subject field for a certain string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Macro To Create Rule To Export From Certain Folder Email Information in one workbook multiple sheets Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Autoforward emails to different contacts based on certain criteria using only one rule Using Outlook 1
E Send a Reminder/Task to certain Email Recipient Using Outlook 5
P move a specified email "From" tag items to a certain folder whenever there is "New Mail" in the inbo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
divan Macro to format email in a certain folder then forward to email address Using Outlook 3
M Macro to Format certain words in email message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Is there a way to disallow sending from certain addresses to specific email addresses? Using Outlook 2
JorgeDario restrict access to a certain folder with vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Rule to pop a warning dialogue on certain actions Using Outlook 1
J Auto print PDF attachments as they arrive with certain words in subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K extract certain text from an Outlook Email Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Setting a Default Subject from a certain Signature Using Outlook 0
R Cannot open certain emails Using Outlook 3
J Restricting access to certain features for specific users BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
X Can you get outlook to ignore certain weeks for recurring meetings? Using Outlook 1
M Why does my font size increases only when I reply to certain people? Using Outlook 3
H Automatic excel data added to Certain Emails that are received Using Outlook 3
Commodore Auto-formatting of certain phone numbers Using Outlook 2