Status
Not open for further replies.

caprilr2003

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\outlook\options
Value Name: ForceAccountSelection
Value type: REG_DWORD: 1 for force, 0 to disable.
Notes: You need to create the path if it does not exist. You can also set this using the Office 2010 group policy templates.
The value type is the same for both 32-bit and 64-bit Outlook.
If you don’t want to edit the registry yourself, you can run this registry file to set the ForceAccountSelection key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\outlook\options]
"ForceAccountSelection"=dword:00000001

Hello again,

I would much appreciate your kind feedback on the following weird issue:

Although tried all aforementioned ways, both manual and auto", to either tweak the relevant reg or th create it, given that "file cannot specified"

Hello again,

I would much appreciate your kind feedback on the following weird issue:

Although tried all aforementioned ways, both manual and “auto", first to tweak the relevant reg and then to create it, given that "file cannot specified"!
More specifically paths I find are “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\....

1) “…..\policies\Microsoft\....”system certificates” or “windows”…” but no “office”

2) “….\Microsoft\office\14.0\outlook\options…..” and among others I find “mail”. There I have created to test both “dwords” and/or “qwords” with value to 1, with no luck.(restarted several times with several variations)

I tried to run the auto routine wich returns 2 messages:
1) Cannot find the specified path
2) “forceaccountselection” is not recon as ……

My system info are: W8.1., office pro plus 2010, version 14.07128.5000(64)

Thank you for considering my query promptly,

Kind regards,

Alexandros

1. If keys in the path do not exist, you need to create them.
2. You need to use the correct version # - 14 = Outlook 2013. Outlook 2007 is 11.
3. I'm not sure if this key works with outlook 2007, but try it - using the 12.o path in the registry. if it doesn't work, then it is not supported in Outlook 2007.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\outlook\options

Dear Diane,
I appreciate your prompt feedback and will ask you to forgive my lack of understanding in what exactly you suggest me to do in line #3.
If something has to do with office version I mention that I do have 2010 "My system info are: W8.1., office pro plus 2010, version 14.07128.5000(64)", which as far I have read your articles supports this variable. Otherwise, forgive me if I did not understand correclty.

Kind regards,
Alexandros

Oh, I'm sorry. I saw (or thought I saw) outlook 2007 in your profile. The key you posted should work with 2010 -you'll need to restart outlook for it to take effect.

Many of the 'policy' keys will also work under the normal office path, just remove policies from the path -I'm not sure if this one does, but if so, it might work with restarting outlook.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Dear Diane,
I 've tried to create it from the one all indicate should be up to (what seemed) relevant paths at no αvail, one by one teven and all together, restarting always the outlook. The "auto" key is not accepted as described in detail in my initial post.

This the reason I asked for your expert opinion.

Any ideas? :(

Are there multiple accounts listed in File, Account settings email?

BTW, i tested this with the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\outlook\options path and it does not work. The HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\outlook\options key works.

Hi Diane
I am trying to set office 365 to force me to select the email account from which new emails are sent. I am using Office 365 not Outlook.com.

I have created the second pop account in a new .pst file and this is on a separate domain to my own personal email.

I was going to try the registry key noted above which I will have to create from ....\office.. onwards but I am not sure which version of office to refer to.

Elsewhere in the registry I have reference to both 15 and 16. Can you advise on which I should use?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE, Help/About details version as Outlook 2016

Added a new D-Word 'forceaccountselection' to path [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\outlook\options] in registry with value = 1

this has worked.

Added a new D-Word 'forceaccountselection' to path [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\outlook\options] in registry with value = 1

this has worked.
it worked? You should be using one with 16 in the path, not 12, when you have Outlook 2016. (Any key that has the version # in it, always change to the same version as your outlook.)

Status
Not open for further replies.