Recent Update Did not Fix Search Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJH 10

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have been (somewhat) patiently waiting for the Outlook 2016 search problem to resolve itself--as yet it has not. Search appears to work without error messages when searching in a mailbox account or a folder. However, when I search in "All Mail Boxes," I get the following three errors.

! in yellow triangle--Something went wrong and your search couldn't be completed.

These three errors have been appearing for at least the last three weeks. The errors occur on both my desktop setups and all three of my laptops.

Since it has not been corrected by updates, could it me something on my end? I doubt it since it happens on 5 different computers?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Capture.PNG

it's the June 13 windows update (possibly a few days earlier if using insider builds of either office or windows)- the windows update earlier this week was supposed to have fixed it. You may need to rebuild the index - i didn't and the error is gone.
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/4022716

If you want to go back to the old, slower outlook search, there is a registry key you can set.

Thanks for your reply Diane.

I have Windows 10. My update history shows KB4022725 06/13/2017. When I ask Windows 10 to check for updates, it says I am up to date. Wondering why it did not install KB4022716 when it checks for updates. Do I click on that update link in your reply to get that update? What other updates could I be missing.

Thanks for your reply Diane.

I have Windows 10. My update history shows KB4022725 06/13/2017. When I ask Windows 10 to check for updates, it says I am up to date. Wondering why it did not install KB4022716 when it checks for updates. Do I click on that update link in your reply to get that update? What other updates could I be missing.

I probably should include all of the windows updates since i don't know which you are using -

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/4022168 - Windows 7 - June 27, 2017 update
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/4022720 - Windows 8.1 - June 27, 2017 update
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/4022716 - Windows 10 Version 1703 - June 27, 2017 update

Capture.PNG

They tend to push the updates slowly for the first few days in case anything blows up, leaving fewer victims before they pull it. They usually turn it on 100% after 2 or 3 days, so I'm kind of surprised it wasn't found, but we've just hit the 3 full days point. If you can tolerate the search issues for another day or two, I'd wait it out - otherwise, download and install from the update catalog.

(I have pro and it was installed here on the 28th. )

Thanks Diane.

Waited through the holiday weekend and checked all my 5 systems this morning, including a W10 Pro version. Still no update (last update on all systems reported as 06/13/17 and check for updates returns your computer is up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B How to create a button that sorts and selects the most recent message with ONE click Using Outlook 2
V Pin a document to the "Attach file" Recent Documents list Using Outlook 0
A Order of Recent Items in Attach File List Using Outlook 5
O See recent emails from a sender Using Outlook 2
M Recent emails disappearing Using Outlook 4
makinmyway Recent Files Not Updating when Using Insert Hyperlink in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
C connecting to recent outlook file on new hard drive Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010: Conversations view - most recent activity posts to of inbox? Using Outlook 2
B Having Recent Issues with Hotmail Connector? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 17
J Saving recent colors used for fonts in an email? Using Outlook 1
T OWA 2007 recent recipients and OWA 2010 nicknames Exchange Server Administration 5
J Sent Items Folder Isn't Showing the Most Recent Sent Items Using Outlook 7
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
icacream New password won't update Using Outlook 2
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
O Batch update calendar Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 365 update sets delete from server flag Using Outlook 1
V Update new custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Outlook 2019 UI changes after 20H2 update Using Outlook 1
D Change Microsoft Account password - what to do to update on all devices Using Outlook 4
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Outlook 2016 Retail C2R keeps logging since update? Using Outlook 0
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Grant R/W (update) access to a friend Using Outlook 3
L Favorites don't update Using Outlook 1
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
M Message list font changed after update Using Outlook 2
M Quicken One Step Update Bill Reminders Not Syncing to Outlook Using Outlook 1
O Windows 1803 update : QAT and toolbar changed, language pack gone... Using Outlook 5
J Updating existing entry on shared calendar wants to send update from delegate Using Outlook 0
N Using email notification to update calendar events? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Update Appointment category when changed in Excel Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2003 problem with Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 Using Outlook 0
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
K Update subject based on text in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Creating Progress Bar or Status Bar Update Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Custom Contact Form how to update when loaded. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Update Notes for Meeting Attendees Using Outlook 8
A Attendee Update Outlook Meeting Invite Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook Email Security Update Using Outlook 0
S Task Update coming as email and not updating task Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Remove Office 2013 Update Banner Using Outlook 0
B IMAP folders don't update when Outlook 365 opens Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Macro to Update Sharepoint Excel File Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Task Request Status Update Address Missing Using Outlook 0