Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and when I installed office 2021 and opened Outlook when I tried to set it up manually like I wanted to all settings were correct but it kept saying couldn't connect. So I decided to let it try to install it self and it did but it is setup as imap and I don't want that I want Pop.

I won't let me delete the data file, also with Outlook 2021 it doesn't get you the same big windows to set it up manually you get a little "Google" type window.

Since I have had my Gmail account setup and running fine since June of 2022 all my settings on Gmail are setup properly, I double checked and all is set to pop with 2FA with recovery email and phone number. I just can't seem to set up the desktop Outlook 2021 from Office 2021 as pop, now it is setup as IMAP

What can I do, I remember having the same exact issue when I bought it but I can't find the thread to read how I fixed it.

How do I get rid of IMAP on my desktop Outlook 2021 and manually configure it as pop?

I found the post that I created back in June when I had the same issue. it can be found on this thread.

Diane, Could you please delete this tread I just started, I'm sorry I couldn't find the thread I started in June but it was due to poor title on my part. I finally found it and as I said it is above. Not sure what to do except wait and hopefully someone can help me figure it out.

I pasted the original thread above and I'm having a problem solving it. I uninstalled Office 2021 and reinstalled it but Outlook still has my email address locked so I can do anything. If I try to delete the data file or .pst it won't let me if I try to make a new account with that email as POP it says "This email address has already been added" Is there anyway to release my Gmail address so I can set it up in Outlook 2021 again?? Sorry for all my confusion

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Outlook 2021 Hanging on "Sending Emails" Using Outlook 3
T Outlook Desk Top 2021 Overdoing Security Using Outlook 7
T Why do Outlook Desktop 2021 tasks from my wife's email show up in my task pane? Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about Outlook 2021 and Gmail Using Outlook 8
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
L Opening People Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to have a reminder in Outlook 2021 for every 90 days Using Outlook 3
H Integrating Alexa & Outlook Pro 2021 Using Outlook 2
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2021 ScanPST errors (yet again ... sorry): repair button missing Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 5
F Running Scripts in Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I can't believe what I am seeing when trying to install Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 9
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about reinstalling Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 5
KurtLass Opening Graphics Attachments in Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 0
J Outlook search bar in Office 2021 Professional Using Outlook 1
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2021 How to customize colors Outlook 2021 & Office 2021 on PC Using Outlook 1
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook app 2021 & iCloud PST issues Using Outlook 2
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2021 'Run Script" Rules? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Email notifications changed with Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 8
Commodore Any way to create "from-only" account on Outlook 2021? Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2021 Outlook-2021 (64-bit) and iCloud-for-Windows v13.0 - It Works Good. Using Outlook 12
D Outlook 2016 and Earlier with Office365 in 2021 Using Outlook 3
G Reply a selected message and remove blank space before signature Outlook 365 version 2406 64BIT Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Reply a selected message and remove blank space before signature Outlook 365 version 2406 64BIT Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
kburrows "New" Outlook Desktop App Mailbox Size Using Outlook 3
N Best way to sync calendar and contacts between Outlook 365 and Outlook on iPhone Using Outlook 4
H Macro to Delete Duplicate items in Outlook calendar where title is the same and date is the same Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Y The New Outlook - Q's & Thoughts Using Outlook 16
M Start Outlook 365 at unified inbox Using Outlook 2
B Requesting VBA code to make Outlook prompt for confirmation when deleting a task? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T In-line reply style in Outlook II Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook Contact Item.Restrict where FullName is NULL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Emails with .ICS calendar invitations attached don't contents when received in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 6
O Any 3rd party tool that sync (mirror) from Outlook Contacts to Google Contacts? Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 365 Outlook Message "Cannot be sent because the message has changed" Using Outlook 0
J Hotmail drafts started on desktop disappear, but show in web version of Outlook Using Outlook 4
Z Hotmail account deleted from outlook and issue with account not exist Using Outlook 0
J 'Name on the security certificate is invalid or...' - Outlook on desktop talking to hotmail.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
J Outlook, Word, Access crash unless run in Admin mode - time dependent it seems Using Outlook 10