Migrating all OL 2010 accounts to new Windows 7 user account

Status
Not open for further replies.

boppy2010

Hi folks, my 5 year old profile has become corrupted and continually gives me the Windows Explorer has stopped working/restarting loop. However, I've been able to set up a new account on the same laptop without that issue so now I'm going to have to reinstall everything, including mail and settings.

My old profile had several mail accounts but I'm only interested in bringing over two to the new profile: one is an exchange account and the other is a pop3 account.

The exchange account only has a 1gb server so much of what I need from it is not on the server, but has been saved to off-line folders. My pop3 account is a mixture of both on-line and off-line content too. I can see these data files in the old profile's appdata folder.

I'm conscious that I need to do the migration in a certain order but don't know whether I should import the accounts, drag and drop them from the old profile or first start with the Control Panel Exchange set up and later import the pop3 content.

I'd be grateful for some tips on how to get these two entities transferred without errors.

Thanks in advance,

Jo

The actual account data is in the registry. Because you are making a new windows name, I don't recommend exporting the old profile and trying to use it. Move or copy the pst files to the new Windows account.

Are you using pst files for Exchange mail or using an exchange mailbox and moving mail off the server?

Create the profile in Control panel, Mail and point to the old pst files before existing the dialog. Di has instructions here - http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/how-to-create-a-new-profile/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Lost email categories when migrating from Office 2010 to Office 2013 Using Outlook 3
C migrating from Windows Live Mail over to Outlook 2010 Problems ... Using Outlook 2
B Migrating legacy (like, real legacy) apps to modern environment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Migrating Outlook Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
W Migrating Outlook 365 Contacts & Calendar Using Outlook 2
T Migrating Profile/Account Settings To New PC for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
K IMAP Subfolders missing after migrating to new server Using Outlook 0
A Outlook.com migrating to Office365, contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
U Trouble migrating Contacts (2002) to People (2013) Using Outlook 3
T Query about one aspect of migrating .pst files from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
D Migrating One Profile Files to Another Exchange Server Administration 2
P Migrating Outlook Express files to new pc Using Outlook 2
P Moving from 2010 to 365 Using Outlook 3
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Upgrading from: MS Office Professional Plus 2010 to: MS Office Professional Plus 2021 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 16
T Outlook 2010 Cannot edit Calendar entries in OL 2010. Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
H Stationery using between OL 2019 and OL 2010 Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C What folders are needed when reinstalling Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
F Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 and GMail Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2007 vs. Outlook 2010 -- ToDo Bar Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
F how do i set a reminder in onenote 2010 Using Outlook 8
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
D BCM 2013 not functioning as BCM 2010 Example no drop down for communications history Using Outlook 0
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
Witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3