using Outlook 2013 search

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hey all. Using Outlook 2013/365. I've created a custom contact form which I house all my contacts in.

One of the custom fields is Genre. I use Outlook Search to summon up a subset of contacts based on the value in that field. For instance, if I'm looking for all contacts with House in the genre, I enter [genre] : (house) and they all pop up.

Normally each contact's Genre field contains several values. For example, one may have House and Trance, and another may have Dance and Hiphop. Is it possible to enter a search command that will summon up two or more subsets of contacts with no common Genre value?

For instance, if I want to summon up all contacts that have both House and Trance as genre values, I enter [genre] : (house trance). Is there a command that will summon up all contacts that have House, but also all contacts that do NOT have House but DO have Trance? I thought it might have been [genre] : (house) (trance) or [genre] : (house) [genre] : (trance) but no dice.

Attachments

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
I want all contacts that have House, but also all contacts that do NOT have House but DO have Trance.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Oh, ok, I thought you wanted ones that had both House and Trance, and the ones in Trance. You want House or Trance.

This should work: genre: (house OR trance) It should work fine without the () wrapping the keywords if this is the only criteria in the search but using the () is good habit to get into.

Field: keyword keyword2
looks for both keywords in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.