Searching a Shared Outlook Mailbox from the start menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eman1981

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have a user who is having problems searching a shared mailbox's items. Both users are using Exchange accounts on Outlook 2007. They are also both running Wind 7 32 bit. The owner of the Mailbox is running in Cached mode and the other is not. The user who has access to the shared mailbox claims they used to be able to search emails that come into the Shared mailbox from their own Windows start menu. For the last month however the user says the only emails that show up are emails in her own account and nothing gets searched from the shared mailbox. I have checked the index options on her PC and Outlook is included and both mailboxes are checked off in the indexing options. I have tried rebuilding the user's index to see if that would fix it but this did not. I have also tried turning off the Windows Search feature and then turn it back on to see if that would do something but that hasn't either. I have looked at the owner of the mailbox's permissions and see the user is listed there but it says the permission level is set to none. Could that be what is effecting it? I apologize if this isn't clear enough, I'm not super savvy with Exchange accounts and permissions with shared mailboxes yet. I haven't been able to find any other suggestions through Google aside from what I have tried so I thought I'd try here.

If the user can see the contents of the mailbox in outlook, she has the necessary permission. I believe the user needs to cache the shared folders in order for windows to index them - the shared mailbox won't be indexed if there is not a local cache.

How does the user cache the shared folders? I checked the indexing on her pc and the shared mailbox is listed there, is there another location the shared folder gets cached?
Thanks

In Account Settings, double click on her account then More Settings. There is an option to cache shared folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Searching Outllook 2010 shared contacts from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
M Short term workaround for when Outlook searching stopped functioning Using Outlook 0
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
geoffnoakes Outlook 2016 Searching based on CreationTime Using Outlook 3
P Searching tasks that are archived Using Outlook 4
O Searching for Custom Flags Using Outlook 3
B Searching for a Add-In Using Outlook 3
J Searching message folder in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
C Outlook 2016: Searching in all (+public) folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Searching for Outlook Items in Windows Using Outlook 0
M Searching multiple folders Using Outlook 6
W Searching Flagged Email Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
Rijotech Fast searching from:name and date Using Outlook 3
S Searching contacts across GAL and local address book at same time Using Outlook 1
A Searching for text in Contact notes Using Outlook 2
M Searching for categories not in the master category list Using Outlook 3
P Searching By Contact Categories Using Outlook 0
B Searching OWA Additional Mailbox - in which Secondary folder is the email? Using Outlook 1
R searching a not function Using Outlook 2
R Searching emails sent/recieved on a specific date. Using Outlook 2
G CTRL-E is not searching I-cloud contacts Using Outlook 2
M Jolly characters in Outlook 2007 searching Using Outlook 3
E Does Outlook 2010 support searching multiple .pst files simultaneously? Using Outlook 0
D searching Outlook 2010 Calendar Using Outlook 1
X outlook 2007 error when searching Using Outlook 7
T searching for attachments that have a certain "text" in the name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Searching for Data in a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
J Hide/disable "Groups", "Shared Calendars" Using Outlook 2
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
peterbata Shared Tasks Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 5
Fozzie Bear Shared Public Folders Access and Use Exchange Server Administration 0
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0