Status
Not open for further replies.

Siggi

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,
I'm trying to create screen layouts that can contain more than two columns side by side (which seems to be the default for BCM). but when you select the Developer tab and then the design this form you get a totally different layout which gives you the option to display multiple fields any size you like. This is the form layout that I want to use in BCM.

This is the standard layout

bcm1.JPG

This is what I want to use

bcm2.JPG

I can't see any way of displaying these forms / screen layouts rather than the standard screen layout with all the input fields being the same size.

How do you use / display these screen layouts?

Siggi

Hi Diane and thanks for the feedback.
I though the same in that you can only use the half width or full width screen layout, but it's strange that you can see the other layout which contains the same information / fields when you go to the edit form option. Hence the question.
I don't know why they would show that other layout if you cant use it! but I agree it's beginning to look like I can't format it in the way I want to. I guess I'll need to start from scratch using MS Access.

I don't know why they would show that other layout if you cant use it!

It's the weird Outlook forums designer :) It drops to the old Office 2002 gray form in the design and if you edit the first page of contacts, lose the pretty eye candy.

Thanks Diane, I looks like if I'm going to use BCM I'm stuck with the 2 column layout. I have to say, I'm impressed with what I have seen so far. It's a bit of a learning curve, but I'm getting there. I'm just trying to work out how to display hidden forms - but I'm sure I will eventually find out how to do this. Up to now I have used a CRM program called ACT! (V16) which gave me everything I needed, but my version wont work in Windows 10! That's why I have been looking for a replacement and as I say - I think BCM will do the trick.

Just for info, This is the layout I had created and used in ACT!

ACT! webhosting info.JPG

Siggi

Looking at that form, you might actually be better off using Access on the front end, with either an access or sql db (using the sql BCM installed). It's just more work creating the tables and the queries.

Hi Diane,
I agree, in many cases it would be a better finished product using Access, as it would look exactly as I want it, as You know, there is quite a lot of work to develop the correct structure and then create all the reports , mail merge, and the rest, so at the moment I'm persevering with BCM using their layout. I'll see how I get on and then decide which way to go.

Regards
Siggi

Yeah, it's harder to do Access from scratch. I use Access as a front end for a simple 3 or 4 table SQL db and it's nice. There is a web interface but it doesn't give me all of the views i need. When Microsoft first released InfoPath, i used it to create a better interface but it was a pita - Access was easier/better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Outlook 2010 BCM Migration to Standard Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P BCM conditional formatting BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
D BCM 2013 not functioning as BCM 2010 Example no drop down for communications history Using Outlook 0
J No access to a Database BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J Marketing task MS BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
S BCM Compulsory field, New opportunity Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A BCM does not work anymore! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S BCM Auto Backup Data and Customizations BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
S BCM Project Task Order BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Lost access to remote BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
J Problems connecting to BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
T BCM 2010 randmoly going offline BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M At last a BCM alternative... Outlook Customer Mngr 365! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S BCM view customization BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
K BCM Reports: Timeout Expired BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
K BCM hide subfolders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Restoring BCM Database After Upgrading Windows Using Outlook 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Trial/Beta program for BCM replacement BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
A BCM crashes immediately after start BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Two Problems with BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J BCM 2013 displays wrong form for account and business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Latest updates kill BCM 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Where are BCM User Customizations located? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2016: No BCM Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2016: No BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 17
wallisellener BCM and MSSQL2012 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Can I use BCM projects for this BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R BCM Reporting of repeat calendar entries BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Eduardo Macias BCM 2013 with SQL Express 2014 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
A Upgrade BCM System from 2010 to 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A BCM crashes after Windows 10 update BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C BCM Text Boxes & tabs are too short when downloading to Office 365 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
jChambler Cant install BCM on windows 10 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
Diane Poremsky BCM Errors after Upgrading to Windows 10 Using Outlook 1
J Missing BCM TAB Main Menu - 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Modifying BCM Database using Access BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
jChambler BCM not installing properly with Outlook 360 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S BCM crash Atheros Addin 2010 Using Outlook 1
R Installing BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
crazyboy Copying BCM database from backed up mounted image to new drive BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
G Future development of BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
A Send email from BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5