O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glnz

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
I have "Microsoft 365" Home 64-bit (formerly "Office 365") on my Win 10 Pro 64-bit machine. I am setting up its Outlook now to connect to my three or four existing email accounts. All POP3 with "Leave a copy of message on the server". So far, so good. However ...

On my newest email account, when I send an email from Outlook, I want it to show as sender ("From") the email name from one of my older email accounts, and not the email name of my newest account that I'm actually sending from. That way, all the recipients will see the old "From" name and will reply to it.

How do I do this in Outlook's settings? (Is this an "alias"? I don't know.)

Why do I want to do this? Both email names "Me" and "Me2" or on my wife's small business domain hosted by Network Solutions. So the older one is Me@wifebiz.com and the newer one is Me2@wifebiz.com. The mailbox on Network Solutions for the old name Me@wifebiz.com is almost full. Instead of paying lots of money annually to increase its size, I have today created the new mailbox Me2@wifebiz.com, which doesn't cost any more money and will take another 5 years to fill up. In Network Solutions, I have set the old mailbox Me@wifebiz.com to forward incoming emails to the new email Me2@wifebiz.com. Outlook on MS365 is now connected to both very nicely and picking up the emails that are showing up at Me2@wifebiz.com.. By the way, I set the passwords for both email names to be the same.

I have only one issue left -- when I send an email from Me2@wifebiz.com, I want the recipient to see the old familiar email address Me@wifebiz.com as the "From" name. It would also be OK for his Replies to go to the old Me@wifebiz.com because that will be automatically forwarded to Me2@wifebiz.com. So, what do I do in Outlook 365 to achieve this excellent result?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2016 MSI - Possible to make work with O365 modern Auth & Win7? Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
V Contacts in O365 have changed?? Using Outlook 20
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
glnz O365 - How to control whether my From name shows as "Dicky". Using Outlook 2
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
bmtjedi Set objApp = Application Not Working in O365-32bit Using Outlook 1
L Outlook/O365 "sent on behalf" behaviour Exchange Server Administration 1
T O365 and Office Message Encryption Exchange Server Administration 2
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
F "Move to" O365 feature to Outlook client via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
C Pulling out my hair (O365/2016) Using Outlook 4
S Customizing Connected Services in Office 2013 Pro Plus (O365) Using Outlook 1
M Reply Macro using O365 Connected Account Using Outlook 2
J Outlook VBA to send from Non-default Account & Data Files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Synchronization and taking forever to send Using Outlook 2
D Send on behalf of does not store the base mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 recipient no longer shows in 'Send To' Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
Geldner Send / Receive a particular group via macro or single keypress Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L How to avoid issues with "Send on Behalf" Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
C Synchronizing subscribed folders causes hanging during send/receive process Using Outlook 2
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0