Multiple Exchnage profiles simultaneously and hovering pop-up contact card !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oooo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
There is Exchange 2010SP3 at Win2008R2 + Outlook2010SP2 at Win7SP1 + ExtraOutlook1.3 for run Outlook multiple instances with different profiles. One profile - one Exchange account. All work fine, multiple different profiles is opend well, each Outlook instance shows correctly mail, GAL, ALs (address lists) , mail is sent and received correctly. But hovering pop-up contact card (small whiet windows is appeared while hovering mouse cursor or double clicking to sender / receiver in new message or sent / received one with contacts data) is shown full info only for last started Outlook instance. For Outlook instance before last, contact card shows only display name and not always but offen e-mail address and name resolving works fine, GAL is displayed correctly. And if to switch to legacy GAL showing contact data (using TurnOnLegacyGALDialog) all works fine also. I have not yet investigted where reason is, at server or client side. Where is reason ofnsuch behaviour ?

Re: Multiple Exchnage profiles simultaneously and hovering pop-up contact card

I'll see what i can find out - 'm not expecting a fix or solution since its an unsupported mode, but it will be interesting to know why it does it.

BTW, why aren't you using Outlook 2010's multiple Exchange feature?

BTW, why aren't you using Outlook 2010's multiple Exchange feature?

Because of incorrect (for me) working of Autocomplete list function in OL2010. These feature works per profile (even if there are 2 Exchange accounts) not per account. Profile has for example two Exchange accounts and some Gmail accounts. I configure Exchange 2010 on-premise server as Multi-Tenant (but not in hosting mode) and I need that some users would be shown in different displayNames by Tenants - for internal for example Peter for other Tenants and for external recipients (outside of Exchange) as Peter from Super-Puper company. I have made such semi unique configuration (i haven' t seen such before) , but due to Exchange restrictions I obliged to remain the same e-mail addresses. That is: different displayName attributes but the same e-mail addresses (mail attributes) . And OL doesn' t understand correctly such user when I send mal from one account then goes to other one. In case of two separate started OL2010, it works as expected except i wrote. By the way, Diane doyou know what is part of AD / Exchnage 2010 is used for providing info for hivering contact card - EWS, MAPI (NSPI) or some other ? I monitored NSPI sessions for 2 opened OL2010 with different profiles and there was last logged user in most cases (and one first logged user) .

Because of incorrect (for me) working of Autocomplete list function in OL2010. These feature works per profile (even if there are 2 Exchange accounts) not per account. Profile has for example two Exchange accounts and some Gmail accounts. I configure Exchange 2010 on-premise server as Multi-Tenant (but not in hosting mode) and I need that some users would be shown in different displayNames by Tenants - for internal for example Peter for other Tenants and for external recipients (outside of Exchange) as Peter from Super-Puper company. I have made such semi unique configuration (i haven' t seen such before) , but due to Exchange restrictions I obliged to remain the same e-mail addresses. That is: different displayName attributes but the same e-mail addresses (mail attributes) . And OL doesn' t understand correctly such user when I send mal from one account then goes to other one. In case of two separate started OL2010, it works as expected except i wrote. By the way, Diane doyou know what is part of AD / Exchnage 2010 is used for providing info for hivering contact card - EWS, MAPI (NSPI) or some other ? I monitored NSPI sessions for 2 opened OL2010 with different profiles and there was last logged user in most cases (and one first logged user) .

By the way, for first started OL, there is mail (or proxyAddress) value in hovering contact card just below of contact displayName instead of availability info and as e-mail for recipients and nothing for from user (sender) , neither just below displayName nor in e-mail field (both are empty) .

By the way, for first started OL, there is mail (or proxyAddress) value in hovering contact card just below of contact displayName instead of availability info and as e-mail for recipients and nothing for from user (sender) , neither just below displayName nor in e-mail field (both are empty) .

Or it would be good (may be not better but also not bad) :) if you could tell how to configure it or correct Autocomplete feature that this would work as per account: for example there are 5 different accounts in 1 profile: Imap4 Gmail, Pop3 Live, 2 Exchnage accounts and Imap4 mydomain.com, I sent message to peter@yandex.ru from Gmail account and to steve@yahoo.com from Live account and I want that in the next time Autocomplete list function would offer peter@yandex.ru if I go to Gmail account and prepare to send message from the account and not offer if I prepare to send messages from Live or other accounts, and vise versa to offer steve@yahoo.com autocomplete item only if I am going to send message from only account I sent prefiously message to the address from, in my example it is from Live account.

By the way, Diane doyou know what is part of AD / Exchnage 2010 is used for providing info for hivering contact card - EWS, MAPI (NSPI) or some other ? I monitored NSPI sessions for 2 opened OL2010 with different profiles and there was last logged user in most cases (and one first logged user) .

No, its something I never looked into but I assumed mapi.

Or it would be good (may be not better but also not bad) :) if you could tell how to configure it or correct Autocomplete feature that this would work as per account: for example there are 5 different accounts in 1 profile: Imap4 Gmail, Pop3 Live, 2 Exchnage accounts and Imap4 mydomain.com, I sent message to peter@yandex.ru from Gmail account and to steve@yahoo.com from Live account and I want that in the next time Autocomplete list function would offer peter@yandex.ru if I go to Gmail account and prepare to send message from the account and not offer if I prepare to send messages from Live or other accounts, and vise versa to offer steve@yahoo.com autocomplete item only if I am going to send message from only account I sent prefiously message to the address from, in my example it is from Live account.

No, this is not possible. Sorry. Heck, you can't even say ' only use accountA to send to this contact'.

No, this is not possible. Sorry. Heck, you can't even say ' only use accountA to send to this contact'.

Ok. Can you check solution for mine initially posted issue ?

So, Diane, do you contact with some of Exhcnage development team ?

Not a lot, but i will be seeing some members of the team next week.

So, do you have some ideas regarding this initial issue (or such specific case) ? I have been making some investigation for some time and not completely sure that info in pop-up contact card is got by MAPI session, I have began to suppose that there is EWS may be used. But I don' t have right info and at the moment can' t image how I can find the right way to find out it. Regarding Exchange team, I want (and think not me only) the following functionality: Exchange looks at company attribute of logging in user and shows to him in GAL, ALs and other places such of resolving sender / recipients - for example value of externalAttribute12 instead of displayName for users (only mail enabled users, not contacts, not groups) who is in other company (who' s company attribute differs fromcompany attribute of logged in and quering user) . I think it could be as add-on to Microsoft Exchange System Attendant or to Address book service or expanding of it functionality. This feature can be set up for example of some global value. Some feature is showing displayNamePrintable value for sender of mail to external recipients.

No, no ideas yet. I thought it used mapi but i have a question in to find out how it works.

Legacy GAL dialog works correctly. I will find other way to run 2 different profiles in OL2010 then using ExtraOutlook to check this case.

I tried to test 3-rd way of my case. I have main user at the tested computer (with full priveleges) , I have made other one and using PsExec I have successfully run two different OL2010 instances (that is profiles) on one PC under two different users credentials. All works at both instances even hovering contact card is shown correctly, but in last started (or first, I don' t remember at the time and I think it doesn' t matter) profile when new message for composing or existing one (sent or recived) is always opened there is erro window - I don' t remember exactly (and I have Russian OL version) but sence is "OL could not establish some special action. There is an insufficient resorces" and "Ok" button, after press to "Ok" button all right and you can continue to compose new message or reply to received or see sent.

And finalazing my testing, there are 3 ways in solving of my case, at the moment 3 semi-acceptable ways:

- using offiicial multi account in one profile OL feature (meaning one profile are has more then one Exchange account) - but Autocomplete function works in non preferable mode - per profile, not per user (by the way Autocomplete works for a whole profile, but storages items in a different .dat files for each account) ;

- using ExtraOutlook (Mapi_new_session flag) to run more then one OL instances (meaning one instance - is one Exchange account) - but hovering contact card feature doesn' t work correctly for all profiles except the last one started;

- using PsExec and more then one Windows user and credentials to run more then one OL instances (meaning one instance - is one Exchange account) - but there is an error window in a one of started instance.

So, is it possible to ask Exchenga dev team members to correct this situation for run Autocomplete feature per account not per profile as add-on or part of a next service pack or may be they could explain or call some undocumented or secret parameter :) which could allow to use Autocomplete as per account or may be they could tell what techniques is used by hovering contact card used for retrive info - Mapi / EWS / other and could explain how it use within 2 different Mapi sessions.

Hi, Diane. Have to contacted Exchange dev team ?

I have investigated the reason of non correct working of hovering contact card and found out what reason is in and now will try to resolve it. There is no Mapi / EWS as for reason, if Mapi is a little bit, but nevertheless the initiator is OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.