Recovering Tasks moved to Mail folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SynExec

I have my To-Do Bar showing on my Inbox screen with various tasks listed. I often use keyboard shortcuts. I routinely use Ctrl+Shift+V to move a highlighted email item from my Inbox into various mail sub-folders for filing. On occasion, the task portion of the To-Do Bar is active, so although I have an email semi-highlighted in my Inbox section, the active highlight really is a task. When I press Ctrl+Shift+V thinking (incorrectly) that I am moving an email item to a mail sub-folder, Outlook tries to move the task to the sub-folder. The task disappears: It no longer appears on my task list, and it isn't shown in the sub-folder. Can anyone tell me where it has gone or whether I can restore it?

Pressing Ctrl+Z immediately after that should put it back.

Thanks for the reply, but I just tried and Ctrl+Z doesn't restore the task. I did some more testing: If I drag a task to a mail folder on my navigation pane, it creates an email with the task data included (although as an email draft, it isn't necessarily stored in the folder I dragged into), and Outlook doesn't delete the task. Ctrl+Shift+V doesn't look like it acts the same way - it just removes the task, and I can't find it in the mail folder either.

Any other suggestions?

I had this problem as well (annoying!). For me it created emails in the Drafts folder with the tasks as attachments. I got them back using Outlook 2010 this way:

• Open up the message in the preview pane and you should see the task as an attachment.
  • Right click on the task and holding the right mouse drag it over to the Tasks bar on the bottom left.
  • When you are over the Tasks bar the upper part of the left should show task items (like To-Do List and Tasks) and you should have a plus sign for the cursor.
  • While on the tasks area let go of the right mouse and you should get a small menu. Pick Copy and the item should be copied to your tasks.

Let us know if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2007 Recovering E-Mails Using Outlook 0
S Recovering permanently deleted folder from shared mailbox Using Outlook 1
T Recovering Favorites From Exchange Exchange Server Administration 4
R Recovering Rules in O 2013 Using Outlook 1
S Recovering (maybe) archived files Using Outlook 1
N Recovering deleted items Exchange Server Administration 0
W Recovering Data From BCM 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
petunia Outlook tasks module sunsetting? Exchange Server Administration 3
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R unable to filter tasks when start date is on or before today Using Outlook 3
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
S Appointment font size when printing only changes Tasks' font Using Outlook 0
L Format Lost between Tasks and To Do Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
kburrows Reset Date to Keep Tasks from Archiving Using Outlook 9
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
O Tasks - how to display "snoozed" tasks and snooze-times? Using Outlook 7
T Outlook 2010 Tasks are not visible in To Do list Using Outlook 5
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2016 Arrange tasks by date, additional custom sorting, but still use friendly terms like Today, Tomorrow, This week? Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
peterbata Shared Tasks Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 5
K Outlook tasks formatting Using Outlook 4
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
P Outlook tasks not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 2
P Searching tasks that are archived Using Outlook 4
B All imported tasks appear in to-do list Using Outlook 3
T Extract Data From Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 0
T Extract Data From Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 0
I To-do bar (tasks) Using Outlook 1
O Tasks - Is there a postponed date column? Using Outlook 7
O Outlook 365 - Tasks are not synchronizing? Using Outlook 7
F some tasks are disappearing Using Outlook 4
F How to show assigned tasks under certain mailbox? Using Outlook 4
P How do I convert outlook “to-do” items to “tasks” Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
M tasks in todo list appearing twice Using Outlook 3