How Can I Receive Email Notification On Multiply Accounts in Outlook.docx

Status
Not open for further replies.

djclinton

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have several Hotmail accounts in Outlook. It seems as though which ever Hotmail account I last add onto Outlook I receive a pop-up notification on my task bar (as well as a chime) whenever I receive email from the last Hotmail account added. Hence, with my other 2-Hotmail accounts when I receive email I DON’T receive any notifications. Someone here told me that the email notification features ought to work on ALL of my accounts in Outlook. Either I didn’t follow up or the other person didn’t follow up with me but it’s really is bugging me why the email notification only works on one account. Any advice or suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Notifications typically only work with the default account, however, its my experience that at least some of the time, i get the "blue toast" desktop alerts with other accounts. I'm not sure if they only come up when only that account gets new mail or if i somehow miss the notifications other times. (I have sound turned off and the new mail envelope icon is almost always showing already so i have no idea if it only desktop alerts work.)

So - the first thing to check is the default account. That one should always get new mail notifications. You might or might not get them for the other accounts.

djclinton

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Actually, I'm getting the email notification on my non-default account. Go figure...?

Status
Not open for further replies.