Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDawn

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi,

Ever since I started syncing with iCloud and Code Two, with Outlook 2007, I can't seem to pull email addresses into a new email from my contacts or icloud folders.

When I pull a name using the TO: box, the name shows up sans email address. If I double click on the name it says: "Cannot perform the requested operation. The command selected is not valid for this recipient. An invalid ENTRYID was passed in."

Is there any way to fix this?

Do you mean, when you start typing a name and it comes up in the autocomplete list or when you click the To button and select from the address book? If you are selecting from the address book, are you selecting it from the iCloud folder or the outlook contacts folder?

It sounds like something is goofy, I'm assuming because of the sync, but I'm not 100% sure. Have you checked with CodeTwo support?

Hi Diane,

The issue occurs both when I start typing a name and when using the TO button. Email is missing from both the iCloud and Contacts folder within the email portion of the program. In contacts everything is fine.

I left an email message with Code Two yesterday, but no response as yet. I also ran Scanpst with no luck.

I've been reading about others with the same problem and exporting and then importing the contacts in VCF format seems to fix the problem. What do you think?

You can certainly try exporting and importing. If you don't hear back from CodeTwo by the end of the business day, let me know and i'll email my contact - they are usually pretty good about responding, but may be slower on weekends.

Diane,

I did hear back from them. It was a boilerplate email stating that I needed to run scanpst and that they don't offer any tech support for their iCloud sync product. :-(

I would gladly pay for tech support, but they just don't offer it.

Dawn

I know they removed tech support because so many people were contacting them help with iCloud that was unrelated to their product - and that is out of their realm. But this does not sound like a typical iCloud issue.

Guys in the apple forums said export to anything but pst then import worked - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1151218

Diane,

I tried exporting and importing using comma separated values, and it worked, sort of. Something strange occurred. See picture below.

Now I can access the email addresses from both the icloud and contacts via the TO box in the mail section. BUT, there are now two duplicate name listings for contacts that have a phone number in the FAX field. One name, let's say John Doe, has two listings -- one with the email address and the other with the business FAX number listed. This is the same in the icloud and contacts folders in the mail section. There are no duplicates in the contacts section.

More interesting is that if I delete the secondary FAX listing in the email section, it deletes the FAX number in the Contacts section. If I delete the FAX number from the Contacts section it's no longer duplicated in the mail TO listing. If I add it back in, it shows up again.

Any idea how I can get rid of this duplicate FAX listing in the Mail TO box? When a name is duplicated it won't come up if typed on the To: line.

Very odd, right??

John Doe outlook.jpg

Dawn

Diane,

Nevermind. I've been doing some reading and apparently, the FAX number issue is "by design". I guess it's just one of those screwy Outloook features.

As usual, thanks for your help.

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
M Mail merge to single contacts + contact groups? Using Outlook 4
M mail merging contacts and contact groups. can code achieve this? Using Outlook 11
K How to make use of outlook calendar, contacts & tasks using personal POP3 mail Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 - Contacts associated with an e-mail address Using Outlook 1
P Outlook assigning tasks to contacts without e-mail Using Outlook 1
M How to clean duplicate/empty e-mail address fields in Outlook contacts Using Outlook 0
C Importing emails/contacts to Outlook 2007 from Windows Mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook or Phone Combining Contacts? Using Outlook 0
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
K Font Sizing in Custom Form Regions for Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook - hidden contacts? Using Outlook 2
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
L Favorites for People/Contacts? Using Outlook 1
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
B oContacts.Items.Restrict Misses Some Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F Moving Contacts to New Profile Using Outlook 0
V Contacts in O365 have changed?? Using Outlook 20
T Outlook 2010 BCM Migration to Standard Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
D Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book? Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
L icloud contacts sync Using Outlook 4
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1